Cultus Lake Sewer Referendum
An assent voting opportunity (referendum) for resident electors within the North Cultus Sewer System Service Area will be held on the following question:
"Are you in favour of the Fraser Valley Regional District adopting the North Cultus Sewer System Loan Authorization Bylaw No. 1468, 2018 to authorize the borrowing of up to $6.5 million for the construction of a new sewage treatment plant to serve the North Cultus Sewer System Service Area?"
ADVANCED VOTING - Wednesday, April 4, 2018, 8 am to 8 pm
GENERAL VOTING - Saturday, April 14, 2018, 8 am to 8 pm
Location - Cultus Lake Community Hall, 4220 Columbia Valley Highway, Cultus Lake, BC
VOTER REGISTRATION AND ELECTOR QUALIFICATIONS
Registration of electors will take place only at the time of voting. According to Provincial legislation, only resident electors are eligible to vote. Persons who do not reside in Cultus Lake Park, but who hold a Cultus Lake Park lease are not eligible to vote as a non-resident property elector.
Each elector will be required to make a declaration that they are:
- 18 years of age or older;
- a Canadian citizen;
- a resident of BC for at least 6 months immediately before the day of registering to vote;
- a resident of the North Cultus Sewer System Service Area for at least 30 days immediately before the day of registering to vote;
- not disqualified from voting in an election by the Local Government Act or any other enactment, or otherwise disqualified by law; and
- entitled to vote and that they have not previously voted in this assent vote.
Corporations are not entitled to vote or to have a representative vote on their behalf.
ELECTOR IDENTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Resident electors must provide the following at the time of registering to vote:
- at least 2 documents that provide evidence of identity and place of residence, at least one of which must contain a signature;
- at least 2 documents that provide evidence of identity, at least one of which must contain a signature, and the elector must make a solemn declaration as to their place of residence.