What are the requirements?
- 19 years of age or older
- Junior Firefighters between 15-18 years of age
- Criminal record check
- Valid BC driver's license with an acceptable driving record
- Canadian Citizen or landed immigrant status
- Commitment to volunteering
How many fire departments are in the FVRD?
The FVRD consists of seven Volunteer Fire Departments:
- Boston Bar/North Bend (2 Halls) - Electoral Area A
- Chilliwack River Valley - Electoral Area E
- Columbia Valley - Electoral Area H
- Hemlock Valley - Electoral Area C
- North Fraser (3 Halls) - Electoral Areas C, F & G
- Popkum Valley - Electoral Area D
- Yale and District (2 Halls) - Electoral Area B