Keep in touch and stay informed. Our News Room is designed to help journalists and the general public find the information and contacts they need to learn about the FVRD.
For media inquiries, please email Jennifer Kinneman, Director of Corporate Affairs or call (604) 702-5056.
- Highlights from 2014-2018 Strategic Plan February 22, 2019 It was a busy four years for the Fraser Valley Regional District. In 2014, the FVRD embarked on a four-year strategic plan, creating a blueprint for future policy and budget decisions. The 2014-2018 Strategic Plan Report Card highlights the numerous accomplishments made during that time.
- FVRD Office Closed February 18 February 15, 2019 The FVRD head office in Chilliwack will be closed for Family Day on Monday, February 18.
- Regional Park Closures February 12, 2019 Sumas Mountain Regional Park in Abbotsford, East Sector Lands in Harrison Hot Springs, Neilson Regional Park in Mission and Thompson Regional Park in Chilliwack River Valley are all closed until further notice.
- Thompson Road Community Park in Popkum January 23, 2019 During the week of January 21, 2019, there will be some work starting at the site of the new Thompson Road Community Park located at 9876 Thompson Road in Electoral Area D (Popkum).
- Draft Popkum-Bridal Falls Community Plan January 8, 2019 The first draft of the Popkum-Bridal Falls Official Community Plan is available for public review. Stay tuned for community meetings and a survey of public opinions. In the meantime, let us know your thoughts on the draft by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Popkum Community Trail Reopens January 8, 2019 The Popkum Community Trail in Electoral Area D has now reopened. Staff have removed the fallen trees and repaired the damage to the boardwalk that was sustained during the windstorm in December.
- Cascade Falls Regional Park Reopens January 4, 2019 Cascade Falls Regional Park is open to the public again. Thank you for your patience.
- Popkum Community Trail Closed December 28, 2018 The Popkum Community Trail in Electoral Area D is closed until further notice due to damage from recent wind storms. Several large trees have fallen on the boardwalk and staff are working to repair the damage. Please observe closure signs and do not access the trail at this time.
Holiday Office Closure
December 21, 2018
The FVRD office will be closed for the holidays from December 24, 2018, at 2:00 p.m. until January 1, 2019. The office will reopen at 8:30 a.m. on January 2, 2019. For water or utility emergencies, please call 1-800-528-0061. Have a safe and happy holiday season!
- Windy Conditions Impact FVRD Parks December 20, 2018 Please take extra caution when visiting FVRD parks. There have been reports of tree branches falling due to high winds.