Keep in touch and stay informed. Our News Room is designed to help journalists and the general public find the information and contacts they need to learn about the FVRD.
For media inquiries, please email Jennifer Kinneman, Manager of Corporate Affairs or call (604) 702-5056.
- Electoral Area Services Committee Elect Chair and Vice Chair December 11, 2018 Bill Dickey and Al Stobbart re-elected as Chair and Vice Chair for the Electoral Area Services Committee.
- FVRD and FVRHD Elect Board Chairs and Vice Chairs November 28, 2018 The annual election of Chairs and Vice Chairs for the FVRD and FVRHD was held on Tuesday, November 27.
- Dewdney Regional Park Closed for Season November 30 November 19, 2018 Dewdney Regional Park last day of operations for the 2018 season is November 30. The park reopens on April 25, 2019. We'll see you in 2019!
- Wendy Bales Declared Winner in Electoral Area C November 2, 2018 At the completion of the judicial recount today, the election results for Electoral Area C was determined to be a tie between Wendy Bales and Annie Silver with 136 votes each. After a draw by lot conducted by Justice Hamilton, Wendy Bales was declared as Director of Electoral Area C.
- FVRD Office Closed November 12 October 30, 2018 The FVRD head office in Chilliwack will be closed for Remembrance Day on Monday, November 12.
- Chief Election Officer Applying for Judicial Recount in Electoral Area C October 23, 2018 With only one vote separating Electoral Area C candidates Annie Silver and Wendy Bales, the election results in that area will be sent for judicial recount.
- FVRD Votes! Preliminary election results now available October 20, 2018 Preliminary results for the 2018 Local General Election are now available.
- Environmental Outhouse on Elk Mountain October 5, 2018 We are excited to announce the installation of a Urine Diversion Toilet (UDT) near the summit of Elk Mountain. This toilet technology features environmental benefits that divert and reduce waste from our precious backcountry. Go for a hike and try it out!
- Popkum Sidewalk Repairs October 5-19 October 4, 2018 Sidewalk repairs will start happening tomorrow, October 5-19. We are taking advantage of the good weather! We will be working directly with residents whose driveway access may be impacted and will have portions of the sidewalks closed.
- Dewdney & Harrison Boat Launch Closure Monday, October 8 October 4, 2018 Last Day of Gatehouse Operations for the Dewdney Regional Park Boat Launch and the Village of Harrison Boat Launch is Monday October 08, 2018. The launches will remain open for public use during posted hours. We'll see you in 2019!