Electoral Area B Curbside Collection Program
The FVRD delivers a curbside collection program to all Electoral Area B residents (except Sunshine Valley) and to individual First Nations in this area on a contract basis.
First Class Waste Services Inc. provides curbside collection service in Electoral Area B (including Dogwood Valley, Laidlaw, Othello, Spuzzum and Yale). Garbage and recyclables will be collected separately in a split-compartment truck. Yard Waste will also be collected separately.
Schedule & General Rules
- Garbage, recyclables and yard waste must be set out by 8:00 am in front of your property on your collection day.
- Please make sure that your street address is posted on your property and visible from the road.
- Material and container restrictions will be strictly enforced.
- Each customer is permitted to set out two 80 litre garbage containers or two garbage bags; each container/bag cannot weigh more than 20 kilograms.
- Garbage containers must have a lid and handles.
- Any garbage over the limit must be placed in a bag and tagged with a Tag-A-Bag sticker.
- Tag-A-Bag stickers can be purchased for $3.00 each at one of the following locations:
Barry's Trading Post
31160 Mary Street
Dogwood Valley Husky
27051 Baker Road
First Class Waste Services Inc.
(Tag-A-Bag stickers can be purchased from the driver)
- Unlimited number of blue bags
- All recyclables should be placed in a blue, see-through plastic bag and securely tied
- Bulky cardboard boxes must be broken down, flattened, tied and may be placed under the blue bag
- Food scraps and small amounts of yard waste should be collected in your green bin.
- Materials that can be placed in your green bin. [PDF - 256 KB]
- Tips on maintaining your green bin [PDF - 72 KB].
- Up to 10 clear bags
- Yard waste must be placed in a clear, see-through plastic bag
- Only grass and leaves are accepted