Coastal Fire Centre Rescinds Campfire Ban
September 11, 2018
The Coastal Fire Centre announced the campfire prohibition is rescinded effective noon on September 11, 2018.
Some important campfire safety tips are:
- Have a hand tool or at least eight litres of water available to properly extinguish a campfire.
- Campfires cannot be larger than 0.5 metres high by 0.5 metres wide.
- Do not light a campfire or keep it burning in windy conditions. Weather can change quickly and the wind may carry embers to other combustible material.
- Maintain a fireguard around the campfire. This is a fuel-free area where all flammable materials (grass, kindling, etc.) have been removed.
- Never leave a campfire unattended.
- Ensure that the campfire is completely extinguished and the ashes are cool to the touch before leaving the area for any length of time.
Check out this video showing how to safely light and maintain a campfire.