Information for Electoral Area Director Candidates
Thinking of Running for Office?
Resources regarding the roles and responsiblities of local elected officials can be found on the Province of BC's website, including a series of helpful videos.
To be eligible to run for office candidates must:
- be 18 years of age or older on October 20, 2018;
- be a Canadian citizen;
- have been a resident of BC for at least 6 months;
- not be disqualified by law from being nominated, elected or holding office.
Candidates must be nominated by 2 qualified electors of the applicable electoral area.
Nomination hardcopy packages are available for pick up at the FVRD office in Chilliwack or at the Hope and District Recreation Centre.
Nominations will be accepted by the Chief Election Officer from 9am on September 4 until 4pm on September 14 at the FVRD Office in Chilliwack.
1) Package Contents List
2) Candidate Information/Instructions
3) Nomination Documents (Fillable PDF)
4) Candidate Profile Form
5) Elector Organization Endorsement Package (Fillable PDF)
What Every Candidate Needs to Know
Thinking About Running for Local Office?
Candidate's Guide to Local Government Elections in BC
7) Links to other Resources
Election Offences and Penalties
Elections BC is responsible for administering the campaign financing and election advertising requirements in the Local Elections Campaign Financing Act. More information is provided on Elections BC's website.