Keep in touch and stay informed. Our News Room is designed to help journalists and the general public find the information and contacts they need to learn about the FVRD.
For media inquiries, please email Jennifer Kinneman, Manager of Corporate Affairs or call (604) 702-5056.
- Office Closure - February 12 February 8, 2018 FVRD's offices will be closed on Monday, February 12, 2018 for Family Day.
- Sumas Mountain Inter-Regional Park Re-Opens February 8, 2018 Sumas Mountain Forest Service Road has now been cleared of downed trees. Park gates will be open from 3 pm to 6 pm today. Normal park hours of 7 am to 6 pm will resume tomorrow.
Thompson Regional Park Re-Opens
January 16, 2018
The storm remediation work at Thompson Regional Park is complete and the park is now open to the public.
- Neilson Regional Park Now Open January 9, 2018 Neilson Regional Park is now open to the public. However, Thompson Regional Park and Sumas Interregional Park remain closed at this time.
Christmas Tree Composting
January 5, 2018
Do you know where to compost your Christmas tree in the FVRD?
Check out the poster for more details.
- Park Closures January 2, 2018 As a result of recent storm damage, Sumas Mountain, Thompson and Neilson Regional parks are closed.
- Icy Conditions - Exercise Caution in Regional Parks December 29, 2017 Be aware that parking lots, trails, and walkways may be slippery, and watch for falling ice and branches.
- FAQs on the Transition of Fire Dispatch to E-Comm December 18, 2017 In early December, the Board announced it will transition its fire dispatch service to E-Comm in late 2018 or early 2019.
- FVRD Holiday Office Hours December 14, 2017 Please note that our offices will be closed between Christmas and New Year's.
- Deroche Office Closed December 5 December 1, 2017 Unfortunately, the FVRD's office in Deroche will be closed on Tuesday, December 5. It will open as scheduled on Wednesday, December 6 at 9:30 a.m.