Keep in touch and stay informed. Our News Room is designed to help journalists and the general public find the information and contacts they need to learn about the FVRD.
For media inquiries, please email Jennifer Kinneman, Manager of Corporate Affairs or call (604) 702-5056.
- Environmental Outhouse on Elk Mountain October 5, 2018 We are excited to announce the installation of a Urine Diversion Toilet (UDT) near the summit of Elk Mountain. This toilet technology features environmental benefits that divert and reduce waste from our precious backcountry. Go for a hike and try it out!
- Popkum Sidewalk Repairs October 5-19 October 4, 2018 Sidewalk repairs will start happening tomorrow, October 5-19. We are taking advantage of the good weather! We will be working directly with residents whose driveway access may be impacted and will have portions of the sidewalks closed.
- Dewdney & Harrison Boat Launch Closure Monday, October 8 October 4, 2018 Last Day of Gatehouse Operations for the Dewdney Regional Park Boat Launch and the Village of Harrison Boat Launch is Monday October 08, 2018. The launches will remain open for public use during posted hours. We'll see you in 2019!
- FVRD Office Closed October 8 October 4, 2018 The FVRD head office will be closed for Thanksgiving on Monday, October 8. It will resume regular business hours on Tuesday October 9, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 a.m. Happy Thanksgiving!
- Election Time in the FVRD October 2, 2018 Saturday, October 20th is election day. Cast your vote for Fraser Valley Regional District Electoral Area Director and Trustee for School District No. 78 (Fraser-Cascade) and School District No. 75 (Mission).
- Board Webcast Experiencing Difficulties September 25, 2018 The webcast of the FVRD and FVRHD Board meetings is experiencing technical difficulties. Please visit http://video.isilive.ca/fvrd/live.html to watch this evening's meetings.
- Declaration of Election by Acclamation September 24, 2018 The Chief Election Officer has declared three candidates elected by acclamation.
- Declaration of Candidates for 2018 General Local Election September 14, 2018 Nominations are now closed for the 2018 General Election. Here is your list of candidates in the Fraser Valley Regional District, School District #75 and #78.
- Island 22 Boat Launch Improvements September 17 to October 5 September 14, 2018 We appreciate your patience as we work to improve the boat launch area at Island 22.
- Coastal Fire Centre Rescinds Campfire Ban September 11, 2018 Effective at noon on September 11, 2018, campfires are once again allowed throughout the Coastal Fire Centre's jurisdiction, which includes the Fraser Valley Regional District.