Keep in touch and stay informed. Our News Room is designed to help journalists and the general public find the information and contacts they need to learn about the FVRD.
For media inquiries, please contact Jennifer Kinneman, Manager of Communications.
- Evacuation RESCINDED August 29, 2016 Great news! Emergency crews have successfully vented the liquefied natural gas from the vehicle at the accident scene and the evacuation has been rescinded.
- LNG Spill On Highway 1 Prompts Evacuation August 29, 2016 Due to a traffic incident on Highway 1, emergency officials are evacuating residents and businesses within approximately 650 m of the site.
- Release the Hounds! August 26, 2016 New gates and latches have been installed at the Island 22 Dog Park. The off leash area is now secure and ready for your fur baby to enjoy.
- Online FVX Fare Product Sales Temporarily Suspended August 25, 2016 In light of potential job action between Canada Post and the Union of Postal Workers, online sales of BC Transit fare products have been temporarily suspended.
- FVRD Offices Closed at 3 pm August 26 August 24, 2016 Pleased be advised that the FVRD main office in Chilliwack will be closed at 3 p.m. this Friday, August 26. The office will reopen on Monday, August 29 at 8:30 a.m.
- Important Notice For Island 22 Dog Park Users August 23, 2016 Due to scheduled maintenance, the gates will be coming down at Island 22 dog park from August 25-27.
- Elk Mountain Trail REOPENED August 23, 2016 While the wildfire near Ryder Lake is now contained and roads and the Elk Mountain/Thurston Trail have reopened, residents and visitors are reminded to exercise caution as emergency crews continue to be on scene monitoring the area.
- Elk Mountain Trail Closed Due to Forest Fire Near Ryder Lake August 20, 2016 Elk Mountain Trail has been closed until further notice due to a forest fire that is underway in the Ryder Lake area.
- Campfire Ban in Effect for Coastal Fire Centre August 17, 2016 Effective at noon on August 17, 2016, campfires and Category 3 open fires will be prohibited throughout the Coastal Fire Centre, which includes the FVRD.
- Take A Step Into Historic Yale August 15, 2016 Like Pokémon Go? Then come on out to Yale on August 21 from 1-4 pm and experience history come to life via QuestUpon.