Keep in touch and stay informed. Our News Room is designed to help journalists and the general public find the information and contacts they need to learn about the FVRD.
For media inquiries, contact Jennifer Kinneman, Manager of Communications.
- Island 22 Dog Park Closed August 26, 2015 The Dog-Off Leash area at Island 22 will be closed from August 31st to September 3rd while improvements are underway.
- Air Quality Advisory Lifted August 25, 2015 The air quality advisory that was issued for the eastern and central Fraser Valley on August 23 has now been lifted.
- Another Air Quality Advisory for the Fraser Valley August 23, 2015 Due to smoke from wildfires in Washington State, an air quality advisory has been issued for the central and eastern Fraser Valley.
- Air Quality Advisory Cancelled August 13, 2015 The air quality advisory issued yesterday has now been cancelled due to a reduction in the amount of wildfire smoke coming from outside our region.
- Air Quality Advisory Issued August 12, 2015 An air quality advisory has been issued for the eastern Fraser Valley due to elevated concentrations of fine particulate matter, caused by smoke from wildfires outside our region.
- Sumas Mountain Interregional Park Remains Closed July 29, 2015 The temporary closure of Sumas Mountain Inter-Regional Park will remain in effect . Fire risk remains high due to current conditions and the forecast of high temperatures and minimal precipitation.
- Nahatlatch Evacuation Alert Rescinded July 20, 2015 After consultation with the BC Wildfire Service, the evacuation alert issued on July 10, 2015 for the Nahatlatch region in the FVRD’s Electoral Area A has been rescinded.
- Sumas Mountain Interregional Park Closed July 17, 2015 Due to extreme fire danger, Sumas Mountain Interregional Park will be closed to the public as of 7 am on Saturday, July 18.
- Infrastructure funding for East Hatzic Water System July 17, 2015 Fifty homes in Electoral Area G will now have clean, reliable municipal drinking water service and fire protection thanks to joint funding from the Small Communities Fund.
- Evacuation Alerts & Orders - What's the difference? July 11, 2015 Yesterday, the FVRD issued an evacuation alert for the Nahatlatch region due to the threat of the Cougar Creek wildfire. An evacuation alert DOES NOT mean residents have to leave their homes, and businesses affected within the alert zone continue to be open. An evacuation order may follow an alert, but oftentimes our partners with the BC Wildfire Service are able to contain the situation before that becomes necessary. Here is some more information about the difference between an evacuation alert and an evacation order in a wildfire.