Keep in touch and stay informed. Our News Room is designed to help journalists and the general public find the information and contacts they need to learn about the FVRD.
For media inquiries, please email Jennifer Kinneman, Manager of Corporate Affairs or call (604) 702-5056.
- Fraser Health Lifts No Swimming Advisory for Hatzic Lake August 17, 2018 As of Friday, August 17 Fraser Health has lifted the No Swimming Advisory for Hatzic Lake. Water sampling test results indicate there is no evidence of a public health concern.
- FVRD Donates $5,000 to Elizabeth's Wildlife Centre August 17, 2018 Board Chair Jason Lum and Vice Chair Patricia Ross present Elizabeth's Wildlife Centre with $5,000.
- Wildfire Smoke and Your Health August 16, 2018 Wildfire smoke and what you should know about air quality, health effects and how to prepare.
- Air Quality Advisory Persists August 15, 2018 The Air Quality Advisory persists for the Fraser Valley due to high concentrations of fine particulate matter from wildfire smoke.
- Air Quality Advisory Cancelled August 11, 2018 Thanks to clean marine air pushing smoke out of the region, the Air Quality Advisory for fine particulate matter has been cancelled for the Fraser Valley.
- Sumas Mountain Regional Park CLOSED Due to Fire Risk August 10, 2018 Due to ongoing high temperatures and dry conditions, the FVRD has closed Sumas Mountain Regional Park until further notice.
- Air Quality Advisory Continued August 8, 2018 The Air Quality Advisory for the Fraser Valley is continued today because of high concentrations of fine particulate matter which is due to wildfire smoke from fires burning in Agassiz (High Creek) and east of Manning Park. The barge fire in Surrey may also contribute to smoke concentrations. The ground-level ozone advisory has ended with concentrations improving due to cooler temperatures.
FVRD Offices Closed for BC Day
August 5, 2018
In observance of BC Day, all administrative offices of the FVRD will be closed on Monday, August 6 and will reopen at 8:30 a.m. on Tuesday, August 7.
- Salmon Fishery Open Aug 7th - Sept 3 August 3, 2018 The current status of the Fraser River Sockeye salmon return provides for recreational sockeye salmon fishing in the Fraser and Harrison Rivers effective August 7 until September 3. Dewdney and Island 22 will be opening at 5am to accommodate the fishery.
- Air Quality Advisory Cancelled August 1, 2018 Thanks to cooler temperatures and smoke no longer being transported into the region, the air quality advisory for the Fraser Valley has now been cancelled.