Keep in touch and stay informed. Our News Room is designed to help journalists and the general public find the information and contacts they need to learn about the FVRD.
For media inquiries, contact Jennifer Kinneman, Manager of Communications.
- Sumas Mountain Interregional Park Remains Closed July 29, 2015 The temporary closure of Sumas Mountain Inter-Regional Park will remain in effect . Fire risk remains high due to current conditions and the forecast of high temperatures and minimal precipitation.
- Nahatlatch Evacuation Alert Rescinded July 20, 2015 After consultation with the BC Wildfire Service, the evacuation alert issued on July 10, 2015 for the Nahatlatch region in the FVRD’s Electoral Area A has been rescinded.
- Sumas Mountain Interregional Park Closed July 17, 2015 Due to extreme fire danger, Sumas Mountain Interregional Park will be closed to the public as of 7 am on Saturday, July 18.
- Infrastructure funding for East Hatzic Water System July 17, 2015 Fifty homes in Electoral Area G will now have clean, reliable municipal drinking water service and fire protection thanks to joint funding from the Small Communities Fund.
- Evacuation Alerts & Orders - What's the difference? July 11, 2015 Yesterday, the FVRD issued an evacuation alert for the Nahatlatch region due to the threat of the Cougar Creek wildfire. An evacuation alert DOES NOT mean residents have to leave their homes, and businesses affected within the alert zone continue to be open. An evacuation order may follow an alert, but oftentimes our partners with the BC Wildfire Service are able to contain the situation before that becomes necessary. Here is some more information about the difference between an evacuation alert and an evacation order in a wildfire.
- Parkview Water System to be upgraded July 10, 2015 Thanks to grants from the federal and provincial governments, the Parkview Water System in Electoral Area H will receive important infrastructure upgrades that will improve water quality, pressure and provide enhanced fire protection.
- #FVRDWildfire - Evacuation alert issued July 10, 2015 An evacuation alert has been issued by the Fraser Valley Regional District at the Emergency Operations Centre (EOC) in Chilliwack. At this time, there is no requirement for residents to leave their homes. A wildfire is currently burning in the Nahatlatch region, south of the Nahatlatch River. The REO Whitewater Rafting Resort remains OPEN for business.
- Air quality advisory CANCELLED July 10, 2015 The air quality advisory that has been in place since the beginning of this week, has now been cancelled. Rain is expected for the weekend forecast which should further improve air quality.
- Nahatlatch Forest Service Road Closed July 7, 2015 Effective immediately Nahatlatch FSR is now closed until further notice due to extreme fire hazard and public safety concerns.
- $320,000 Provincial Grant for Experience the Fraser July 6, 2015 The Experience the Fraser trail system will continue to be expanded, thanks to five people gaining work experience in trail building and construction and more than $320,000 in provincial funding.