Keep in touch and stay informed. Our News Room is designed to help journalists and the general public find the information and contacts they need to learn about the FVRD.
For media inquiries, please email Jennifer Kinneman, Manager of Corporate Affairs or call (604) 702-5056.
- Park Updates June 21, 2018 Cheam Wetlands floating walkway and viewing platform close, but the Riverside Trail and equestrian area at Island 22 re-open...
- Dewdney Regional Park Reopens June 8, 2018 Dewdney Regional Park is now open to the public again. Thanks for your patience while we cleaned up after the freshet.
- Clean Air Day June 6, 2018 Chilliwack elementary students celebrate clean air with the FVRD and BC Lung Association.
- Island 22 Regional Park Reopens June 6, 2018 The boat launch, bike park and dog park at Island 22 Regional Park open to the public again on Thursday, June 7 at 7 am. The equestrian area, riverside trails and Dewdney Boat Launch all remain closed at this time.
- Evacuation Alerts Lifted June 4, 2018 Evacuation Alerts that were in place for parts of Electoral Areas C and G have now been lifted. Island 22 Regional Park and Dewdney Regional Park remain closed.
- Mosquito Control Underway June 4, 2018 The FVRD has been working hard to monitor, map and treat mosquito breeding grounds. This year's high flood waters have produced abundant mosquito breeding habitat. The FVRD will continue combatting nuisance mosquito breeding grounds throughout the summer until no more mosquito larvae can be found.
- 2017 CARIP Report June 1, 2018 As part of the FVRD's commitment to the B.C. Climate Action Charter, this report provides information on the climate actions undertaken by the regional district in 2017 and those proposed for 2018 with the goal to achieve carbon neutrality.
- Two Evacuation Orders Rescinded for Electoral Areas C and G May 31, 2018 The two Evacuation Orders in effect for Harrison Bay in Electoral Area C, and the undiked areas of Nicomen Island in Electoral Area G have been rescinded. An Evacuation Alert remains in effect for these areas.
Bike to Work Week
May 24, 2018
The FVRD is hosting a Community Ride to Work and Celebration Station on Tuesday, May 29 starting at 7 a.m.
The community ride starts at Sardis Secondary School and will be led by Board Chair Jason Lum. The ride finishes at the FVRD head office at 45950 Cheam Ave, where firefighters will be on hand at the Celebration Station, serving free breakfast sandwiches to all riders commuting to work or school that day.
- Evacuation Alert issued for Tapadera Estates, River Reach and Eagle Point in Area C May 20, 2018 The FVRD has issued an Evacuation Alert for all properties located in the Tapadera Estates, River Reach Estates and Eagle Point Areas in Electoral Area C.