Keep in touch and stay informed. Our News Room is designed to help journalists and the general public find the information and contacts they need to learn about the FVRD.
For media inquiries, please contact Jennifer Kinneman, Manager of Communications.
- FVRD Appoints New Manager for Recreation Centre in Hope April 13, 2017 Codie Anderson is the new Manager of Recreation, Culture and Airpark Services and starts May 8.
- Cultus Lake Zoning - Public Info Meeting April 7, 2017 For information on the Cultus Lake Park Zoning Bylaw, please join us April 18, 6:30 pm at the Cultus Lake Community School
- BC Fires Back At Reckless Gun Use in the Fraser Valley April 6, 2017 The Province is restricting gun use areas of the Fraser Valley where indiscriminate shooting is damaging habitat and creating serious safety concerns.
- Improving pedestrian and cycling access at Cultus Lake April 4, 2017 Construction is now underway on a new trail connection at Cultus Lake that will provide residents and visitors with easier access to the lake.
- Boston Bar Water System Upgrade March 30, 2017 Thanks to a grant of $105,944 through the Clean Water and Wastewater Fund, the Boston Bar Water System will be upgraded.
- 2017 Homeless Count March 22, 2017 Preliminary results indicate a significant increase in the number of homeless individuals.
- $10.5 million investment to improve Nicomen Island diking system March 21, 2017 The Province of BC has announced a $10.5-million investment in dike and pump upgrades to the FVRD's Nicomen Island diking system, as part of a major investment in emergency preparedness and public safety.
Boston Bar to receive infrastructure funding
March 11, 2017
Boston Bar is receiving a joint federal-provincial Small Communities Fund grant worth $508,232 to improve broadband services in the community of Boston Bar by using Gigabit Passive Optical Network (GPON) and Fiber-To-The-Home (FTTH) technologies.
- Island 22 Re-opens February 23, 2017 The dog off-leash area and the boat launch will re-open Friday, February 24 at 7 am. The equestrian area remains closed until further notice.
- Island 22 Regional Park Remains Closed February 21, 2017 Island 22 Regional Park remains closed while crews continue to clear the extensive storm damage.