Keep in touch and stay informed. Our News Room is designed to help journalists and the general public find the information and contacts they need to learn about the FVRD.
For media inquiries, please contact Jennifer Kinneman, Manager of Communications.
- Cultus Lake water now managed by FVRD February 9, 2016 The Cultus Lake Park Board has entered into a partnership with the FVRD to provide a number of services that will achieve greater efficiencies and economies of scale.
- Agassiz-Harrison Transit Passes Now Available in Popkum February 5, 2016 Monthly passes and ticket sheets for Route 11 (Agassiz-Harrison Connector) are now available in Popkum at the Petro Canada, located adjacent to the roundabout at Yale Rd and Highway 9.
- 9-1-1 moving to E-Comm for FVRD January 11, 2016 Starting January 19, 9-1-1 calls in the Fraser Valley will now be fielded by E-Comm, the emergency communication centre located in Vancouver.
- Dog licences available now January 5, 2016 The FVRD manages dog licensing for Abbotsford, Chilliwack, Mission, Kent and Harrison Hot Springs.
- Winter/Spring Recreation Guide for Hope January 4, 2016 The Winter/Spring Program Guide for the Recreation Centre in Hope is now available.
- BC Transit Holiday Service December 21, 2015 Check here to see BC Transit's Holiday Service schedule
- FVRD leads the region toward Zero Waste December 15, 2015 The Fraser Valley Regional District (FVRD) has received approval of its new solid waste management plan by BC’s Minister of Environment.
- Holiday Closures - FVRD Offices December 10, 2015 Our offices will be closed December 25, 2015 and reopen at 8:30 a.m. on Monday, January 4.
- FVRD praises Metro Vancouver for cancelling its plans to build another incinerator December 10, 2015 FVRD Board Chair Sharon Gaetz has high praise for today’s announcement that Metro Vancouver is cancelling its plans to build another garbage incinerator.
- Cheam Lake Wetlands Re-Opened November 27, 2015 Cheam Lake Wetlands Regional Park is now open to the public again. Debris from the recent wind storm has been cleared in the parking lot and picnic area. However, we recommend you use caution when on the trails and in other parts of the park.