Keep in touch and stay informed. Our News Room is designed to help journalists and the general public find the information and contacts they need to learn about the FVRD.
For media inquiries, please contact Jennifer Kinneman, Manager of Communications.
- 2017 Homeless Count March 22, 2017 Preliminary results indicate a significant increase in the number of homeless individuals.
- Island 22 Re-opens February 23, 2017 The dog off-leash area and the boat launch will re-open Friday, February 24 at 7 am. The equestrian area remains closed until further notice.
- Island 22 Regional Park Remains Closed February 21, 2017 Island 22 Regional Park remains closed while crews continue to clear the extensive storm damage.
- Freshet flooding losses could top $1.1 billion for Fraser Valley agriculture February 17, 2017 A new study puts a steep price tag on the potential impacts of freshet flooding for agriculture in the Fraser Valley.
- Storm Damage Assessment Underway in Regional Parks February 10, 2017 Please exercise extreme caution if visiting our parks while staff assess storm damage.
- Office Closure - February 13 February 9, 2017 FVRD's offices will be closed on Monday, February 13, 2017 for Family Day.
BC Transit Service Suspended
February 9, 2017
UPDATED: Please be advised there are service disruptions throughout the Fraser Valley.
- Hundreds of name suggestions for orphaned puppies February 1, 2017 The six orphaned puppies now have names!
- FVRD Kicks Off 50th Anniversary Celebrations With Honourary Board Chair January 25, 2017 The FVRD kicked off celebrating the 50th anniversary of regional districts in the province of BC by naming its monthly honourary board chair, Mr. Walter Kassian.
- Live Burn Exercise for Popkum Volunteer Fire Department January 24, 2017 The Popkum Volunteer Fire Department will be conducting a controlled live burn exercise in the 52000 block of Yale Road on January 24 from 6 to 10 pm.