Keep in touch and stay informed. Our News Room is designed to help journalists and the general public find the information and contacts they need to learn about the FVRD.
For media inquiries, please contact Jennifer Kinneman, Manager of Communications.
- Secondary Dwellings Study for Electoral Areas October 20, 2016 Do you want to see Secondary Dwellings in your Electoral Area? Take the survey and let us know!
- Community Based Strategic Plan for Yale & District Community Centre October 14, 2016 Live in Electoral Area B? We are working on a Strategic Plan for the Yale & District Community Centre. Fill out the survey today.
- FVRD to Receive over $1M from Clean Water and Wastewater Fund September 30, 2016 Out of 35 approved projects, the FVRD was awarded funding for three submissions with a total value of $1,029,187.
- Waste Reduction Month - Blog! September 30, 2016 To kick off Waste Reduction Month, four of our staff members are participating in a big challenge.
- Household Hazardous Waste Day September 30, 2016 Household Hazardous Waste Day is an annual event held every October by the City of Chilliwack. Residents can dispose of their household hazardous waste for FREE in an environmentally responsible manner.
- FVRD Wins UBCM Community Excellence Award: FVX September 28, 2016 The FVRD won a UBCM Community Excellence award for the implementation plan of the Fraser Valley Express (FVX).
- FVRD Offices Closed Due to Power Outage September 28, 2016 Due to a massive power outage across the Fraser Valley, the FVRD offices are closed for the rest of today.
- New Deroche Office Hours September 21, 2016 The new hours for the Deroche office are Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 9:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Hope Recreation Facilities REOPEN September 15, 2016 We are pleased to report that all facilities at the Recreation Centre in Hope have reopened after yesterday's electrical issue. Thanks to all involved who worked so quickly to get us up and running again.
- Dan Sharrers Aquatic Centre CLOSED until further notice September 14, 2016 Due to an unexpected electrical issue, the Dan Sharrers Aquatic Centre and fitness centre in Hope will be closed until further notice.