Keep in touch and stay informed. Our News Room is designed to help journalists and the general public find the information and contacts they need to learn about the FVRD.
For media inquiries, please contact Jennifer Kinneman, Manager of Communications.
- BC Transit Fare Products Available Online July 12, 2016 Following positive developments in the negotiations between Canada Post and the Canadian Union of Postal Workers, the FVRD has resumed online sales of BC Transit fare products.
- FVRD Launches Video to Showcase 2015 Annual Report June 28, 2016 To showcase the projects and programs of the regional district, the FVRD has launched a video in conjunction with the release of its 2015 annual report.
- Online Sales of BC Transit Fare Products Temporarily Suspended June 28, 2016 In light of Canada Posts potential job action, online sales of BC Transit fare products have been temporarily suspended. In the meantime, monthly passes and ticket sheets are available at all of our vendor locations.
- Gatehouse at Island 22 and Dewdney Now Open June 27, 2016 Effective today, the gatehouses at Island 22 Regional Park and Dewdney Regional Park are open daily from 6 am to sunset. Parking passes and boat launch passes can be purchased from the gatehouse.
- Canada Day Celebrations in Hope June 21, 2016 Come on out for the Canada Day festivities in Hope. Highlights include Classic Car Show, Kid Zone, Live Music, Carnival, Fireworks and much more!
- More Hiking in Harrison – East Sector Lands Officially Open June 17, 2016 Just in time for the busy summer season, the long awaited East Sector Lands Recreation Site in Harrison Hot Springs is now open and ready for visitors.
- FVRD Rallying for Electric Vehicles June 7, 2016 Electric vehicle owners from across the Lower Mainland will rally at the FVRD’s main office (45950 Cheam Avenue) this Friday at 11 am to celebrate continued efforts to build clean and sustainable communities.
- 2015 CARIP Report May 30, 2016 Take a look at the actions the FVRD undertook in 2015 toward becoming carbon neutral in its operations.
- Laidlaw Fire Protection Presentation May 26, 2016 On Wednesday, May 25, 2016 a Public Information Meeting was held to discuss the Laidlaw Fire Protection Service and the possibility of establishing a Fire Underwriters Survey recognized Volunteer Fire Department in Laidlaw.
- FVRD Wins Silver Award for Excellence in Planning Practice for FVX May 24, 2016 On May 12, the Fraser Valley Regional District (FVRD) and BC Transit were presented with a Planning Institute of BC (PIBC) “Silver Award for Excellence in Planning Practice” for the Fraser Valley Express (FVX) Implementation Plan.