Keep in touch and stay informed. Our News Room is designed to help journalists and the general public find the information and contacts they need to learn about the FVRD.
For media inquiries, please contact Jennifer Kinneman, Manager of Communications.
November Office Closures
November 9, 2017
Our administrative office will be closed on Monday, November 13 in observance of Rememberance Day and will reopen at 8:30 a.m. on Tuesday, November 14.
Our Deroche office will also be closed on Tuesday, November 14, and return to regular office hours on Tuesday, November 21.
- Six pack of puppies reunited to celebrate first birthday November 7, 2017 Piper, Poppy, Winston, Bailey, Sarge and Tank have turned one and to celebrate, the FVRD held a puppy party at Island 22’s off-leash dog park.
- Board Celebrates 50th Anniversary With Time Capsule October 24, 2017 A time capsule was buried at the regional district today, celebrating 50 years of regional districts in BC.
- FVRD Opens New Regional Park October 13, 2017 Today the FVRD announces the official opening of its newest Regional Park. Located high atop Chilliwack Mountain, Hillkeep Regional Park is 36-acre nature reserve that gives city dwellers a chance to enjoy nature right on their doorstep.
- Coastal Fire Centre Cancels Open Burn Prohibitions September 29, 2017 Effective noon on Friday, Sept. 29, 2017, all open fires will once again be permitted in the FVRD area. Anyone lighting a Category 3 fire must first obtain a burn registration number by calling 1-888-797-1717.
- 50th Anniversary Trees Planted in Regional Parks September 27, 2017 2017 marks the 50th anniversary of regional districts in British Columbia. To celebrate, the FVRD launched its commemorative tree planting project today, on Canada’s National Tree Day.
- 2017 Final Homeless Survey Results Released September 20, 2017 Today, the final results from the 2017 Homeless Survey were released, revealing greater insight into that population.
- Canyon to Coast Trail Takes Another Step Forward September 19, 2017 Experience the Fraser’s Canyon to Coast Trail is another 18 kilometres closer to completion with today’s opening of a trail segment between Island 22 Regional Park and Ferry Island Provincial Park.
- Campfire Ban Rescinded September 18, 2017 BC Wildfire Services has rescinded the campfire prohibition that was in effect. Category 2 and Category 3 open Fire prohibitions remain in effect.
- Sumas Mountain Interregional Park Reopens Tomorrow September 12, 2017 The FVRD and Metro Vancouver will reopen Sumas Mountain Interregional Park effective Wednesday, September 13.