Keep in touch and stay informed. Our News Room is designed to help journalists and the general public find the information and contacts they need to learn about the FVRD.
For media inquiries, please contact Jennifer Kinneman, Manager of Communications.
- Open Fire Prohibition Reminder July 20, 2017 Despite open burning prohibitions in our area, we continue to receive reports of the current campfire ban being ignored by members of the public. We would like remind everyone that the ban is still in effect and to please enjoy our beautiful region in a safe and responsible manner.
- Air Quality Advisory CANCELLED July 19, 2017 The air quality advisory issued yesterday has now been cancelled.
- Air Quality Advisory Issued July 18, 2017 Due to high concentrations of fine particulate matter caused by wildfires outside of our region, an air quality advisory has been issued for Metro Vancouver and the FVRD.
- Wildfire Evacuation Update July 17, 2017 The City of Chilliwack has opened a Reception Centre for evacuees at Chilliwack Secondary School (46363 Yale Road). Everyone that comes to the facility will be encouraged to register with the Red Cross.
- Travel Restrictions on Harrison Lake East Forest Service Road July 14, 2017 The public is reminded to respect the Harrison Lake East Forest Service Road restrictions and closures at the 20 km and 42 km markers, for their own safety. This area is still an active fire and is considered hazardous.
- Become an Emergency Support Services Volunteer July 10, 2017 Emergency Support Services (ESS) volunteers play a vital role our communities. Find out how you can be one.
- Air Quality Advisory Cancelled July 7, 2017 The air quality advisory issued yesterday has now been cancelled. Air quality has improved due to cooler temperatures and stronger winds throughout our region.
- Air Quality Advisory Issued - July 6 July 6, 2017 An air quality advisory for eastern parts of Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley because of high concentrations of ground-level ozone that are expected to persist until tomorrow and potentially longer as hot sunny weather continues.
- Burning Ban In Effect July 6, 2017 Effective noon Thursday, July 6, 2017, all open fires, including campfires, Category 2 and Category 3, are prohibited throughout the FVRD.
- FVRD Ratifies Contract With CUPE July 5, 2017 The FVRD has ratified a three year contract with CUPE Local 458.