Keep in touch and stay informed. Our News Room is designed to help journalists and the general public find the information and contacts they need to learn about the FVRD.
For media inquiries, please contact Jennifer Kinneman, Manager of Communications.
- 2017 Final Homeless Survey Results Released September 20, 2017 Today, the final results from the 2017 Homeless Survey were released, revealing greater insight into that population.
- Canyon to Coast Trail Takes Another Step Forward September 19, 2017 Experience the Fraser’s Canyon to Coast Trail is another 18 kilometres closer to completion with today’s opening of a trail segment between Island 22 Regional Park and Ferry Island Provincial Park.
- Campfire Ban Rescinded September 18, 2017 BC Wildfire Services has rescinded the campfire prohibition that was in effect. Category 2 and Category 3 open Fire prohibitions remain in effect.
- Sumas Mountain Interregional Park Reopens Tomorrow September 12, 2017 The FVRD and Metro Vancouver will reopen Sumas Mountain Interregional Park effective Wednesday, September 13.
- Fire Ban Continues To Be In Effect September 11, 2017 The Coastal Fire Centres' fire prohibition remains in effect in our area. Please note that the campfire ban is still in place.
- Air Quality Advisory Cancelled September 9, 2017 The air quality advisory that was in effect for the Fraser Valley and Metro Vancouver has now been cancelled.
- Air Quality Advisory, Possible Ozone September 4, 2017 Once again, the Fraser Valley and Metro Vancouver are under an air quality advisory, due in part to an increase in fine particulate matter in the region.
- FVRD Offices Closed for Labour Day August 31, 2017 The main offices of the FVRD will be closed on Monday, September 4 for Labour Day and will reopen at 8:30 a.m. on Tuesday, September 5.
- Air Quality Advisory Cancelled August 30, 2017 The air quality advisory that was issued yesterday for the Fraser Valley and Metro Vancouver has been cancelled.
- Air Quality Advisory Issued August 29, 2017 Due to high concentrations of fine particulate matter caused by smoke from wildfires outside our region, another air quality advisory has been issued.