Keep in touch and stay informed. Our News Room is designed to help journalists and the general public find the information and contacts they need to learn about the FVRD.
For media inquiries, please contact Jennifer Kinneman, Manager of Communications.
- Cheam Lake Wetlands Regional Park Temporarily Closed November 18, 2015 For safety reasons, Cheam Lake Wetlands Regional Park is temporarily closed while we assess the damage and clean up after the recent wind storm.
"Try It Out" Swim Club Day
November 12, 2015
Come out to the Rec Centre in Hope on Sunday, November 15 for "Try It Out" Swim Club Day. Call 604-869-2304 for more information.
- Compost that Pumpkin October 28, 2015 The FVRD would like to wish you a Happy Hallowe'en and offers the following composting tips.
- Trail Improvements in the CRV October 28, 2015 Thanks to the amazing efforts of community groups in the Chilliwack area, trails in the Chilliwack River Valley have benefited.
- BC Transit Wants Your Feedback on the Fraser Valley Express October 26, 2015 BC Transit is reaching out to riders to find out how the #66 Fraser Valley Express is doing.
- What's up with the air? October 22, 2015 A public forum focusing on air quality will be held on October 26 starting at 7 pm at the UFV Abbotsford Campus.
- Temporary Off Leash Dog Park Now Open at Island 22 October 19, 2015 Due to the construction and maintenance work underway at the Island 22 dog park, the FVRD has opened a temporary, fenced area for owners wishing to exercise their dogs.
Changes to Boat Launch Gatehouse Hours
October 13, 2015
The gatehouses at Harrison Hot Springs Boat Launch and at Dewdney Nature Regional Park are now closed. However, Dewdney Nature Regional Park remains open until November 30, after which it closes for the season until April 24th.
Sunday, October 25th is the last day of operation for the Island 22 Regional park gatehouse.
- Upgrades Coming for Island 22 Dog Off-Leash Area October 2, 2015 The Island 22 Dog Off-leash area will be closed for construction from October 19 to mid-November.
- Dewdney Bridge REOPENED September 21, 2015 The Dewdney bridge on Hwy 7 has been reopened to single lane alternating traffic.