Keep in touch and stay informed. Our News Room is designed to help journalists and the general public find the information and contacts they need to learn about the FVRD.
For media inquiries, please email Jennifer Kinneman, Manager of Corporate Affairs or call (604) 702-5056.
- Cultus Lake Sewer Treatment Plant - Referendum Results April 16, 2018 Resident electors in the North Cultus Sewer System Service Area have voted in favour of borrowing up to $6.5 million for the construction of a new sewage treatment plant.
- Controlled Burn in Rosedale April 13, 2018 There will be a controlled burn in Rosedale on Saturday, April 14. Please do not call 911 for smoke in the area.
UPDATE: Watermain Break in Cultus Lake
April 4, 2018
Crews have repaired the broken watermain and are currently flushing the lines. Please run your tap water until it looks clear prior to drinking.
- BC Transit Seeks Input on FVX Service Expansion March 29, 2018 Members of the public are invited to offer feedback on potential schedule times for the proposed additional trips.
- Deroche Office Closed March 29, 2018 The Deroche Office is closed until further notice. In the meantime, please continue to direct your enquiries to 1-800-528-0061.
- Holiday Office Closures March 27, 2018 The FVRD will be closed on Friday, March 30 and Monday, April 2. The offices will reopen on Tuesday, April 3 at 8:30 a.m.
- Some Areas Of FVRD Exempt From Provincial Speculation Tax March 26, 2018 The Province of British Columbia has made changes to the government's proposed speculation tax announced during February's budget. The tax would no longer apply to properties in the rural Fraser Valley, however it will still apply to Chilliwack, Abbotsford and Mission.
- Chilliwack Hospital Upgrades Coming Thanks to FVRHD Donation March 22, 2018 On Wednesday, March 21 the Fraser Valley Regional Hospital District (FVRHD) made a major legacy donation of $272,888 to the Chilliwack Hospital Foundation.
- FVRD Receives Grant to Jump Start Outdoor Recreation Economy March 9, 2018 The Fraser Valley Regional District (FVRD) has received a $282,000 grant from the Government of Canada’s Gas Tax Strategic Priorities Fund for the development of tourism and outdoor recreation in the region.
- Deroche Office Closure - March 13 February 28, 2018 The FVRD's office in Deroche will be closed on March 13. We apologize for any inconvenience.