Information for School District #78 Candidates
The Fraser Valley Regional District is conducting the elections on bahalf of School District No. 78 (Fraser-Cascade) for the following Trustee Electoral Areas:
- 3 Trustees - Agassiz Harrison Trustee Area #1
- 3 Trustees - Hope Trustee Area #2
- 1 Trustee - Canyon Trustee Area #3
For a general outline of the Trustee Areas, refer to this map .
Thinking of Running for Office?
Resources regarding the roles and responsiblities of school trustees can be found on the on the BCTSA website.
To be eligible to run for office you must:
- be 18 years of age or older on October 20, 2018;
- be a Canadian citizen;
- have been a resident of BC for at least 6 months;
- not be disqualified by law from being nominated, elected or holding office.
Candidates must be nominated by 2 qualified electors of the applicable trustee area.
Nomination hardcopy packages are available for pickup at the FVRD office in Chilliwack or at the Hope and District Recreation Centre in Hope.
Nominations will be accepted by the Chief Election Officer at the FVRD office from 9am on September 4 until 4pm on September 14.
1) Package Contents List
2) Candidate Information/Instructions
3) Nomination Documents (Fillable PDF)
4) Candidate Profile Form
5) Elector Organization Endorsement Package (Fillable PDF)
What Every Candidate Needs to Know
Thinking About Running for Local Office?
Candidates Guide to Local Government Elections in BC
7) Links to Other Resources
Election Offences and Penalties
Elections BC is responsible for administering the campaign financing and election advertising requirements in the Local Elections Campaign Financing Act. More information is provided on Elections BC's website.