Other Planning Applications

Temporary Use Permits (TUP)

Allows a temporary use that is not otherwise permitted in the current zoning.  TUP's are only issued if the provision is made for them in the Official Community Plan or Zoning Bylaw, and are for short-term projects or transitional uses. The maximum period of time allowed for a Temporary Use Permit is two years.

TUP Application [PDF - 800 KB]

Site Specific Floodplain Exemption

The Regional Board may exempt a person from meeting the requirements of Section 6 of the Floodplain Bylaw if the Regional Board considers it advisable provided that:

  • The exemption is consistent with the Provincial Guidelines; or
  • A comprehensive hydrological hazard assessment (stating that the land may be used safely for the use intended) has been received.
  • The owner shall enter into a restrictive covenant under Section 219 of the Land Title Act.

Agricultural Land Reserve (ALR)

Anyone intending to subdivide,include or exclude or use their property for non-farm uses, must apply to the Agricultural Land Commission (ALC) for permission. The application must be submitted directly to the ALC through their Application Portal.

Tree Cutting

If you are planning on cutting or removing trees on your property, you may be required to apply for a permit. Please see the guide [PDF - 551 KB] for more information.