Rezoning & OCP Amendment
When is a Rezoning required?
"Rezoning" is the process to change from one zoning designation to another. A rezoning application is required when a development proposal seeks to change a zoning designation, land use or density of a site. View our Zoning Bylaw to see what uses are allowed in each zone.
When is a Official Community Plan (OCP) amendment required?
An OCP Amendment is required to change the long term designation for a subject property. If the zone that is not supported by the current OCP designation, an OCP amendment is required to change the land use designation.
- Submission of Application
- Application Review and Staff Report
- Referral Process
- Committee and Board Review
- Public Notice
- Public Hearing, Board Review
- Ministry Approval (if applicable)
- Final Consideration & Bulaw Adoption by Board of Directors