Subdivision of land and buildings can involve many interests and approvals. Subdivision is typically the creation of two or more parcels from one parcel, however, it may also include:

  • Consolidation of two or more parcels;
  • Adusting or realigning an existing parcel boundary;
  • Strata and;
  • Creating a serviced multi-lot subdivision.

Application Process:

The approving authority for rural subdivision is the Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure (MoTI). However, the FVRD has additional requirements that must be followed when properties are subdivided.  Rural subdivision applications must be submitted to your District MoTI or Front Counter BC office. You can visit the MoTI website to learn more about this process.

The Subdivision and Development Servicing Bylaw 1319, 2015 also sets out additional FVRD requirements for subdivisions.