Hope & Area Recreation Centre
The Hope & Area Recreation Centre is home to the arena, Dan Sharrers Aquatic Centre, weight and cardio rooms, fitness studio, and conference centre/meeting rooms.
Fall 2021 Program Guide
Click the image below to view the guide.
Proof of Vaccination
All patrons 12 years or older must show proof of two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine to use some of our facilities and participate in certain activities.
Here is a summary of the facilities/activities that this applies to:
- Weight Room, Cardio Room and fitness classes – 12 yrs+ (except for teen gym hours)
- Arena – Public Skate, Hockey, Shinny
- Adult sports – 22 yrs+ (i.e. pickleball, hockey)
- Spectators if there are more than 10 people
- Pool – swimming/aquafit/lessons (exceptions for events)
- Youth Programs – under 22 yrs
Please have your official proof of vaccination and government-issued photo ID ready. We ask for your patience as we check Vaccine Cards and adapt to new changes. Thank you for helping to keep our community safe.
- Masks are required for all patrons 5 years and older in all public indoor spaces including common areas when not engaged in physical activity.
- Handwashing and/or sanitizing is encouraged.
- We encourage all patrons to respect each other's personal space and to maintain physical distancing.
- If you are sick, stay at home. If you appear to be sick, you will not be allowed entry.
- Visit our FAQ page for more information
Expression of Interest for Contract Fitness Instructors
Are you a fitness leader looking to engage and empower others to be happy and healthy? We are looking for self-motivated, enthusiastic, and energetic contract fitness instructors to teach at the Hope & Area Recreation Centre.
Please submit this Expression of Interest form along with your resume to:
Mike Freimark, Assistant Manager of Recreation Services, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or drop it off at the Hope & Area Recreation Centre (1005 6th Avenue Hope, BC).