Keep in touch and stay informed. Our News Room is designed to help journalists and the general public find the information and contacts they need to learn about the FVRD.
For media inquiries, please email Angelique Crowther, Manager of Communications or call 604-702-5089.
- Consolidated Zoning Bylaw Public Hearing - June 15 May 26, 2022 The public is invited to attend the Public Hearing for the Consolidated Zoning Bylaw either in person or by Zoom on June 15 at 7 pm.
- Prepare Early for Potential Flooding From Spring Freshet May 24, 2022 The Fraser Valley Regional District (FVRD) is reminding residents and property owners to prepare now for potential flooding later this spring.
- Strong Wind Alert For The Fraser Valley May 16, 2022 Fraser Valley residents should be aware of an unseasonably strong low-pressure system bringing strong winds that may impact the area by Wednesday.
- Get Involved In Local Government Awareness Week May 16, 2022 In recognition of Local Government Awareness Week, May 15- 21, residents are invited to Get to Know The FVRD. Test your knowledge with a quick quiz and enter a contest.
- Household Hazardous Waste Day May 11, 2022 Residents of Mission and Electoral Areas C, F & G can drop off residential hazardous waste at the Mission Recycling Depot on Saturday, May 14 from 9 am - 1 pm.
- Consolidated Zoning Bylaw to Streamline the Development Process May 6, 2022 The Fraser Valley Regional District (FVRD) is consolidating all nine of its zoning bylaws into one new user-friendly region-wide Electoral Area zoning bylaw for residents.
- Flood Response Communications Survey Results May 2, 2022 Earlier this year, the Fraser Valley Regional District (FVRD) shared a survey with electoral area residents, property and business owners impacted by the 2021 extreme weather and flood events from November 14 to December 2, 2021.
- FVRD Adopts Anti-Racial Discrimination and Anti-Racism Policy April 29, 2022 The Fraser Valley Regional District (FVRD) Board adopted an Anti-Racial Discrimination and Anti-Racism Policy at the April 28, 2022 Board meeting.
- Emergency Preparedness Week April 29, 2022 Emergency Preparedness Week (May 1-7, 2022) encourages Canadians to take concrete actions to be better prepared to protect themselves and their families during emergencies
- NextRide Launched in the Central Fraser Valley and Chilliwack Transit Systems April 27, 2022 BC Transit has launched NextRide, its Automatic Vehicle Location technology, in the Central Fraser Valley, Chilliwack, Hope and Agassiz-Harrison Transit Systems, including the Fraser Valley Express.