Keep in touch and stay informed. Our News Room is designed to help journalists and the general public find the information and contacts they need to learn about the FVRD.
For media inquiries, please email Samantha Piper, Manager of Communications or call 604-702-5089.
- FVRD Board and FVRHD Elects Chair and Vice-Chair November 24, 2023 This year the Board re-elected Director Jason Lum as Board Chair and Director Patricia Ross as Vice-Chair. The Hospital Board re-elected Director Sylvia Pranger as Chair and Director Paul Horn as Acting Chair.
- Join the Conversation on Shaping the Future of Active Transportation in Your Community October 31, 2023 The Fraser Valley Regional District is excited to announce the launch of a public consultation process that empowers community members in electoral areas to participate in shaping the future of active transportation in their region.
- Kookipi Creek Wildfire - Evacuation Alert Rescinded September 28, 2023 The Evacuation ALERT issued on September 8, 2023 at 2pm, by the Fraser Valley Regional District Emergency Operations Centre (EOC) for the areas north of Hannah Lake in Nahatlatch Park including the Rivers Edge Cabins, and areas on the south fire boundary along Chaumox Road and Nahalatch FSR, including the Washtock Family Farm and Campground has been rescinded based on the recommendation of the BC Wildfire Service (BCWS).
- Fire Ban Lifted September 27, 2023 The (Category 1) campfire prohibition and the Category 2 and Category 3 open fire prohibition will be lifted in the Coastal Fire Centre starting at 12 noon, Pacific Daylight Time, on Wednesday, September 27, 2022. This means that all open burning will once again be permitted within the Coastal Fire Centre’s jurisdiction.
- National Day for Truth & Reconciliation September 25, 2023 The FVRD office will be closed on Monday, October 2, in support of the National Day for Truth & Reconciliation on September 30th. This is a day for reflection, intended to create space to honour those whose lives were lost in, or because of, residential schools and the Survivors, families, and communities that were deeply affected by this system.
- Statement from Fraser Valley Regional District on the Initial Findings of Xyólhmet ye Syéwiqwélh (Taking Care of Our Children) Project September 22, 2023 The findings shared yesterday by the Xyólhmet ye Syéwiqwélh team are only just the start of this important work.
- Kookipi Creek Wildfire Update September 22, 2023 The Fraser Valley Regional District (FVRD) is deactivating the Emergency Operations Centre (EOC) as we move into the Recovery phase for the Kookipi Creek Wildfire.
- Kookipi Creek Wildfire Update September 21, 2023 BC Wildfire Service continues to operate in the area to protect structures, and there are currently 56 personnel, three helicopters, and five heavy equipment working to contain this wildfire. The public is asked to stay out of the immediate vicinity of the Kookipi Creek wildfire and off the roads as much as possible to allow for essential crews and personnel to move and work safely throughout the area.
- Kookipi Creek Wildfire Structure Loss and Re-Entry Information September 6, 2023 The Fraser Valley Regional District (FVRD) is providing information regarding structure loss, and re-entry information for Electoral Area A as a result of the Kookipi Creek Wildfire. Our primary focus remains the safety and well-being of local residents.
- EOC Update (Sept 5) - Kookipi Creek Wildfire Update September 6, 2023 There is no change to the existing Evacuation ALERT for today.