Keep in touch and stay informed. Our News Room is designed to help journalists and the general public find the information and contacts they need to learn about the FVRD.
For media inquiries, please email Jaime Reilly, Acting Director of Corporate Affairs or call 604-702-5023.
- New Open Burning Restrictions March 26, 2020 New open burning restrictions have been issued by the Province. They are in effect until Wednesday, April 15th, 2020.
- COVID-19 (Coronavirus) - Information March 24, 2020 As part of our COVID-19 mitigation strategy, all FVRD staff are now working remotely. Services remain operational but response times may be slower than normal. Visit our COVID-19 Update page to find out how you can continue doing business with us.
- Hemlock Valley OCP Info Session February 13, 2020 We invite Hemlock Valley residents and visitors to drop by our Information Booth to learn about our OCP Update.
- Update on State of Local Emergency February 5, 2020 Following the evacuation order that was sent out yesterday, we are currently assessing the situation to determine when it is safe for residents to return to their homes.
- State of Local Emergency Issued February 4, 2020 A State of Local Emergency (SOLE) has been issued for properties in Electoral Area B at 27000 block of Dogwood Valley Road, Baker Road, Yurkin Road, Trans Canada Hwy, as well as Nickel Mine Road.
- EOC Continues to Monitor Events February 3, 2020 Our Emergency Operations Centre continues to monitor the situation as a result of this weekend's storm. Visit our EOC page for the most up to date information.
- Trail Closures February 3, 2020 Kettle Valley Railway Trail in Hope is closed. A portion of the Lakeside Trail is closed at Maple Bay in Cultus Lake.
- FVRD Emergency Operation Centre Activated February 1, 2020 The FVRD has activated their Emergency Operations Centre to Level II, and is currently monitoring storm related events throughout the region.
- FVRD Seeks Input on the Future of Outdoor Recreation January 15, 2020 The Fraser Valley Regional District is working on an Outdoor Recreation Management Plan to help guide the growth and expansion of outdoor recreation within the region. Public input is being collected through an online survey, an interactive Web Map and open houses.
- RACS & EASC Cancelled January 14, 2020 Due to weather conditions, the scheduled Regional and Corporate Services (RACS) and Electoral Area Services Committee (EASC) meetings have been cancelled for today. These meetings will be rescheduled and advertised for another date in January.