Keep in touch and stay informed. Our News Room is designed to help journalists and the general public find the information and contacts they need to learn about the FVRD.
For media inquiries, please email Jennifer Kinneman, Director of Corporate Affairs or call (604) 702-5056.
- FVRD Office Closures April 15, 2019 The FVRD office will be closed on Friday, April 19 and Monday, April 22. The office will reopen on Tuesday, April 23 at 8:30 a.m.
- Vedder River Campground Now Open March 28, 2019 The Vedder River Campground is now open for the 2019 season. Reserve your spot today!
- East Sector Lands Reopened March 12, 2019 East Sector Lands in Harrison Hot Springs is now reopened. Staff have conducted storm damage assessments and deemed this area safe to reopen to the public.
- Neilson and Thompson Regional Parks Reopened February 27, 2019 Neilson Regional Park and Thompson Regional Park are both reopened. Staff have conducted storm damage assessments and deemed these areas safe to reopen to the public.
- Highlights from 2014-2018 Strategic Plan February 22, 2019 It was a busy four years for the Fraser Valley Regional District. In 2014, the FVRD embarked on a four-year strategic plan, creating a blueprint for future policy and budget decisions. The 2014-2018 Strategic Plan Report Card highlights the numerous accomplishments made during that time.
- FVRD Office Closed February 18 February 15, 2019 The FVRD head office in Chilliwack will be closed for Family Day on Monday, February 18.
- Regional Park Closures February 12, 2019 Sumas Mountain Regional Park in Abbotsford, East Sector Lands in Harrison Hot Springs, Neilson Regional Park in Mission and Thompson Regional Park in Chilliwack River Valley are all closed until further notice.
- Thompson Road Community Park in Popkum January 23, 2019 During the week of January 21, 2019, there will be some work starting at the site of the new Thompson Road Community Park located at 9876 Thompson Road in Electoral Area D (Popkum).
- Draft Popkum-Bridal Falls Community Plan January 8, 2019 The first draft of the Popkum-Bridal Falls Official Community Plan is available for public review. Stay tuned for community meetings and a survey of public opinions. In the meantime, let us know your thoughts on the draft by emailing email@example.com.
- Popkum Community Trail Reopens January 8, 2019 The Popkum Community Trail in Electoral Area D has now reopened. Staff have removed the fallen trees and repaired the damage to the boardwalk that was sustained during the windstorm in December.