Keep in touch and stay informed. Our News Room is designed to help journalists and the general public find the information and contacts they need to learn about the FVRD.
For media inquiries, please email Jaime Reilly, Acting Director of Corporate Affairs or call 604-702-5023.
- FVRD Office Closed November 11 November 7, 2019 The FVRD office will be closed for Remembrance Day on Monday, November 11. We will re-open on Tuesday, November 12 at 8:30 am.
- Air Quality Bulletin Cancelled November 6, 2019 The fine particulate matter Air Quality Bulletin issued Friday, November 1 for Metro Vancouver and the Central Fraser Valley has ended. Air quality has improved due to changes in the weather that have increased the dispersion of air contaminants from emissions sources in the region.
- Air Quality Bulletin Issued November 1, 2019 An Air Quality Bulletin for Metro Vancouver and the central Fraser Valley has been issued due to intermittent high concentrations of fine particulate matter that may occur over the weekend.
- FVRD Office Closed October 14 October 10, 2019 The FVRD office will be closed for Thanksgiving on Monday, October 14. We will re-open on Tuesday, October 15 at 8:30 am. Happy Thanksgiving!
- FVRD Installs Solar Rooftop October 9, 2019 The Fraser Valley Regional District has flicked the switch to activate the sun's energy at the FVRD head office with the installation of solar panels on the building’s rooftop in downtown Chilliwack. With a generating capacity of 23 kilowatts, the rooftop solar array features 66 solar panels with room for future expansion. The solar array will convert the sun’s energy into clean electricity, providing the building with a free renewable energy source.
- FVRD Receives Honourable Mention at the Climate and Energy Action Awards September 26, 2019 Honourable Mentions were awarded to the FVRD for the Love Our Air Education Program and the Fraser Valley Food Recovery Project at the Climate and Energy Action Awards presented at the annual Union of BC Municipalities Convention yesterday.
- Harrison Hot Springs Boat Launch Parking Lot Closed September 13, 2019 The Harrison Hot Springs Public Boat Launch parking lot will be closed starting September 16 until further notice for paving. All vehicles must be removed by September 15. The Boat Launch office hours will remain unaffected. Please contact the Village of Harrison Hot Springs office at 604-796-2171 if you have any questions.
- FVRD Office Closed September 2 August 29, 2019 The FVRD office will be closed for Labour Day on Monday, Sept 2. We will re-open on Tuesday, Sept 3 at 8:30 am. Have a safe and enjoyable long weekend!
- Traffic Alert for Chilliwack River Valley (Area E) August 14, 2019 The first annual REVEL Chilliwack Marathon & Half Marathon will be held on Saturday, August 17 in the Chilliwack River Valley. The race begins on Chilliwack Lake Road near Chilliwack Lake Provincial Park, continues on Vedder Road to Promontory Road and finishes on Thomas Road. Please be aware that certain roads in this area will be impacted by adjusted traffic patterns during the race.
- FVRD 2018 Annual Report August 13, 2019 The FVRD is pleased to release its 2018 Annual Report. This year’s report takes a different approach to reporting and focuses on storytelling. As a regional district that serves six municipalities and eight electoral areas, we are used to partnering and collaborating on projects. Recognizing that our partners are integral to our success as an organization, we feel it’s only fitting that our partners’ voices be heard, not just ours. So this year, we interviewed people we’ve partnered with to get their perspective on our initiatives. We hope you enjoy reading their stories as much as we enjoyed working with them.