Keep in touch and stay informed. Our News Room is designed to help journalists and the general public find the information and contacts they need to learn about the FVRD.
For media inquiries, please email Angelique Crowther, Manager of Communications or call 604-702-5089.
- Web Map Tips and Tricks April 20, 2021 Watch our how-to video to learn how to use the web map to find planning information such as zoning and OCP designations, lot size, flood and hazard risks, and development permit areas.
- Funding Announced for New Section of Lakeside Trail at Cultus Lake March 18, 2021 The Fraser Valley Regional District (FVRD) will receive $440,475 to construct a new section of the Lakeside Trail at Cultus Lake thanks to recently announced grant funding.
- $2 Million Grant for New Heating and Cooling System at Hope & Area Recreation Centre February 16, 2021 The Hope & Area Recreation Centre’s heating and cooling systems will receive much-needed upgrades thanks to a $2 million grant recently announced.
- COVID-19 Information February 12, 2021 Find a list of COVID-19 related closures, updates, and information about how to do business with us during these changing times.
- Quarterly Update February 2, 2021 Check out our Quarterly Update to stay connected to what's going on at the FVRD.
- A New Management Plan For Hatzic Lake Envisions A Healthy Ecosystem February 1, 2021 A new management plan for Hatzic Lake, envisions a healthy ecosystem for the popular recreation destination east of Mission.
- Cannabis Regulations Update January 27, 2021 We are updating cannabis regulations in the electoral areas and we want to hear from you! Complete the survey by February 28 for a chance to win a $50 Visa gift card.
- Public Participation for Jan 28 COW, Board/Hospital Meetings January 21, 2021 In response to the Provincial Health Orders that restrict travel in and out of the Fraser Valley, we will be holding the January 28 Committee of the Whole, FVRD Board and Hospital Board meetings by Zoom only
- RCAS Commission Elects Chair and Vice Chair January 20, 2021 On Tuesday, January 19, 2021, the Recreation, Culture & Airpark Services Commission held its inaugural meeting and elections took place. Director Terry Raymond was acclaimed as Chair, and Commissioner Peter Adamo was acclaimed as Vice Chair.
- Public Consultation on the 2021 – 2025 Financial Plan January 15, 2021 We are seeking public feedback on the draft 2021-2025 Financial Plan. The public is invited to review the draft plan and provide feedback via email by January 26, 2021.