Keep in touch and stay informed. Our News Room is designed to help journalists and the general public find the information and contacts they need to learn about the FVRD.
For media inquiries, please email Jennifer Kinneman, or call 604-702-5056.
- FVRD and FVRHD Board Elects Chair and Vice-Chair November 25, 2020 On Tuesday, November 24, 2020, the Fraser Valley Regional District Board and Fraser Valley Regional Hospital Board held their inaugural meetings. This year the Board re-elected Jason Lum as the Board Chair and Patricia Ross as Vice-Chair. The Hospital Board re-elected Terry Raymond as the Board Chair and Sylvia Pranger as the Acting Chair.
- COVID-19 Information November 20, 2020 As per the Provincial Health Order on November 19, masks are now required for everyone in all public indoor settings. This includes the FVRD office and the Hope & Area Recreation Centre. People who cannot wear a mask or who cannot put on or remove a mask on their own are exempt.
- Public Participation for Nov 24 Board/Hospital Meeting November 19, 2020 In light of the new Provincial Health Orders that restrict travel in and out of the Fraser Valley, we will be holding the November 24 Inaugural FVRD Board and Hospital Board meetings by Zoom only.
- Remembrance Day November 10, 2020 The FVRD's corporate office will be closed tomorrow for Remembrance Day, reopening on Thursday, November 12 at 8:30 a.m. Please help to keep our veterans safe and pay your respects virtually.
- Hope and Area Rec Centre Partial Re-Opening November 9, 2020 Club Child and the weight and fitness rooms at the Hope and Area Recreation Centre will re-open on Tuesday, November 10.
- Public Participation for Nov 10 Committee Meetings November 9, 2020 In light of the new Provincial Health Orders that restrict travel in and out of the Fraser Valley, the FVRD will be holding the November 10 Regional and Corporate Services Committee and Electoral Area Services Committee meetings by Zoom.
- Potential Exposure - Hope & District Rec Centre Closed November 5, 2020 The Hope and District Recreation and Club Child are closed until further notice. The FVRD has been advised by a user group of a potential COVID-19 exposure that took place at the Hope Arena on October 31. FVRD is contacting Fraser Health for guidance.
- Public Participation for Nov 12 Parcel Tax Roll Review Panel October 30, 2020 The FVRD is holding a Parcel Tax Roll Review Panel Hearing on November 12. Participation will be available in-person and through Zoom.
- Quarterly Update #3 October 30, 2020 The Quarterly Update provides information and updates on various projects and initiatives at the FVRD.
- Public Participation for Oct 27 Board Meeting October 22, 2020 The Board meeting for October 27 will be conducted both in-person and through Zoom.