Keep in touch and stay informed. Our News Room is designed to help journalists and the general public find the information and contacts they need to learn about the FVRD.
For media inquiries, please email Jennifer Kinneman, or call 604-702-5056.
- Air Quality Advisory Cancelled July 31, 2020 The Air Quality Advisory for ground-level ozone has been cancelled. The air quality has improved due to a change in the weather.
- COVID-19 Information July 31, 2020 Find a list of COVID-19 related closures, updates, and information about how to do business with us during these changing times.
- FVRD Releases 2019 Annual Report July 31, 2020 The FVRD has released its 2019 Annual Report. Our focus continues to be on "Serving Citizens and Communities First". This report highlights the progress and accomplishments we’ve made towards achieving the key priorities identified by the Board of Directors.
- Air Quality Advisory Issued July 31, 2020 An Air Quality Advisory has been issued for eastern Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley because of high concentrations of ground-level ozone that are expected to persist until tomorrow
- Open Burning Prohibitions Issued July 24, 2020 Effective at noon on Friday, July 24, 2020, most open burning activities will be prohibited throughout the Coastal Fire Centre's jurisdiction, although campfires will still be allowed. This prohibition is being enacted to help reduce wildfire risk and protect public safety.
- New Outhouse at Mount Cheam Trailhead July 24, 2020 We are excited to announce the installation of a Urine Diversion Toilet at the Mount Cheam trailhead in partnership with Rec Sites and Trails BC. Go for a hike and check it out!
- Public Participation for July 28 Board/Hospital Board Meeting July 23, 2020 Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Board/Hospital Board meeting of July 28 will be conducted via Zoom meeting.
- Public Participation for July 21 Recreation, Culture & Airpark Services Commission Meeting July 16, 2020 Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Recreation, Culture & Airpark Services Commission meeting of July 21 will be conducted via Zoom meeting.
- 2019 Climate Action Revenue Incentive Program (CARIP) Public Report July 14, 2020 The 2019 CARIP Report summarizes actions taken by the FVRD in 2019 and proposed for 2020 to reduce corporate and community-wide energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions (GHG) and reports on progress towards achieving carbon neutrality.
- Public Participation for July 14 Committee Meetings July 9, 2020 Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Regional and Corporate Services Committee and Electoral Area Services Committee meetings of July 14 will be conducted via Zoom meeting.