Keep in touch and stay informed. Our News Room is designed to help journalists and the general public find the information and contacts they need to learn about the FVRD.
For media inquiries, please email Angelique Crowther, Manager of Communications or call 604-702-5089.
- Flood Survey for Electoral Areas January 13, 2022 We are looking for feedback from residents, property and business owners within FVRD's electoral areas regarding the Nov 2021 flood events.
- Evacuation Order and Alert Rescinded for Osborne Road, Bell Acres in Area E January 13, 2022 The Evacuation Order issued on November 29, 2021, for the southern portion of 4185 Osborne Road and the Evacuation Alert for 4205 Osborne Road and the remainder of 4185 Osborne Road is being rescinded.
- Flood Response Update January 11, 2022 The Emergency Operation Centre (EOC) is currently at Level 1 activation and is anticipated to deactivate and transition to the recovery phase in the next couple of weeks.
- Prepare for heavy rain combined with snowmelt January 10, 2022 The Province is urging British Columbians to prepare as Environment and Climate Change Canada advises that substantial rain, with snow at higher elevations, is expected for coastal BC throughout this week.
- High Streamflow Advisory & Special Weather Statement January 10, 2022 A warmer and wetter weather pattern is on the way. Heavy rain is expected from Tuesday afternoon through Wednesday night. The River Forecast Centre is issuing a High Streamflow Advisory for the Fraser Valley including the Chilliwack River and surrounding tributaries.
- FVRD Office Closed January 7, 2022 The Fraser Valley Regional District’s main office in Chilliwack is closed today due to inclement weather and low staffing levels. Please consider accessing our online services to pay bills including purchasing new or renewing dog licenses. Stay safe on the roads.
- Evacuation Order - Partial Downgrade, Partial Rescind - Wilson Road, EA E December 22, 2021 Evacuation Alert has been rescinded for some areas off Chilliwack Lake Road in Electoral Area E. Orders maintained for four properties on Wilson Road. Two properties were downgraded to an alert.
- Evacuation Order Partial Rescind - Othello Road, Electoral Area B December 22, 2021 The Evacuation Order issued on November 28, 2021, has been partially rescinded for five properties.
- Evacuation Order Rescinded for O'Byrne Road, Electoral Area E December 22, 2021 The Evacuation ORDER issued on December 10, 2021, for 53675 O’Byrne Road and PID 003-196-739 is cancelled.
- Hope & Area Recreation Centre Facility Update December 22, 2021 During the period of December 23 to January 18, all fitness classes and personal training are cancelled, the cardio and weight rooms are closed, and any scheduled tournaments are cancelled.