Keep in touch and stay informed. Our News Room is designed to help journalists and the general public find the information and contacts they need to learn about the FVRD.
For media inquiries, please email the Communications department or call 604-702-5000.
- FVRD Receives $9.9 Million for New Wastewater Treatment Plant December 1, 2022 The Fraser Valley Regional District has received $9.9 million in joint funding for a new wastewater treatment plant to protect the health of Cultus Lake.
- Winter Road Maintenance November 30, 2022 A reminder to citizens with concerns about snow plowing, potholes, icy conditions or any other winter road-related concerns that the FVRD does not have jurisdiction over roads within its boundaries and is not responsible for the maintenance and snow plowing of roads. If you have a concern about road maintenance, please contact the relevant municipality or Provincial service contractor.
- FVRD and FVRHD Board Elects Chair and Vice-Chair November 25, 2022 This year the Board re-elected Jason Lum as Board Chair and Patricia Ross as Vice-Chair. The Hospital Board re-elected Sylvia Pranger as Board Chair and Paul Horn as Acting Chair.
- Food Waste Survey November 10, 2022 You're invited to take a survey and tell us about how food waste is collected at your building.
- Weather Watch for FVRD November 2, 2022 Heavy rain and strong winds are expected on the evening of November 3 (Thursday) and Friday, November 4.
- Open Fire Ban Lifted October 28, 2022 Effective at noon Pacific Daylight Time on Friday, October 28, 2022, open burning activities will once again be permitted throughout the Coastal Fire Centre’s jurisdiction.
- Special Weather Statement & High Streamflow Advisory October 28, 2022 Heavy rain and strong wind are expected from Saturday night to Sunday night. The public is advised to stay clear of the fast-flowing rivers and potentially unstable riverbanks during the high-streamflow period.
- Consolidated Zoning Bylaw Approved October 28, 2022 The Fraser Valley Regional District (FVRD) approved a new user-friendly region-wide electoral area zoning bylaw at its October 27 board meeting.
- Wind Warning for Fraser Canyon October 27, 2022 Environment Canada has issued a wind warning for the Fraser Canyon area. Strong winds of 60 km/h with gusts to 90km/h that may cause damage are expected or occurring.
- Test Your Home for Radon October 25, 2022 Residents of Chilliwack, Hope, Kent, Harrison, Mission, and Electoral Area H are encouraged to take the 100 test kit challenge for indoor radon gas.