Keep in touch and stay informed. Our News Room is designed to help journalists and the general public find the information and contacts they need to learn about the FVRD.
For media inquiries, please email Angelique Crowther, Manager of Communications or call 604-702-5089.
- Thinking Of Running For Office? August 9, 2022 If you’re interested in running for office, visit our Candidate Information page for a Nomination Package.
- FVRD Spotlight August 4, 2022 Check out the latest edition of the FVRD Spotlight newsletter.
- Dive Into a Lifeguard Job and Gain Lifelong Skills August 3, 2022 We are seeking candidates to become lifeguards and swim instructors to work at our facilities in Hope and Boston Bar. Lifeguards play an important role in community safety, teaching children how to swim and be safe around water and helping to curb the number of people at risk of drowning.
- Campfire Ban August 3, 2022 Effective noon Pacific Daylight Time on Thursday, August 4, 2022, campfires will be prohibited throughout the Coastal Fire Centre’s jurisdiction, except in the Haida Gwaii Forest District.
- Air Quality Advisory Cancelled August 1, 2022 The ground-level ozone Air Quality Advisory has been canceled for eastern parts of Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley.
- Air Quality Advisory Issued July 26, 2022 An Air Quality Advisory has been issued for the Fraser Valley because of high concentrations of ground-level ozone that are expected to persist through the week.
- Heat Warning for the Fraser Valley July 25, 2022 A heat wave will impact the Fraser Valley this week. Daytime high temperatures could reach between 31 to 35 degrees Celsius inland into Friday or Saturday.
- Prepare for High Temperatures July 21, 2022 The Province of BC is warning residents to expect higher temperatures as a high-pressure ridge is moving into B.C. and may result in heat warnings this weekend or early next week.
- Phone/911 outage resolved in Boston Bar - Electoral Area A July 15, 2022 UPDATE: Telus technicians have now resolved the 911/cell/landline/internet disruption reported in Electoral Area A on July 14.
- Get Prepared for Active Mosquito Season July 15, 2022 Learn more about the active mosquito season and how you can protect yourself.