Keep in touch and stay informed. Our News Room is designed to help journalists and the general public find the information and contacts they need to learn about the FVRD.
For media inquiries, please email Jennifer Kinneman, Director of Corporate Affairs or call 604-702-5056.
- Harrison Hot Springs Boat Launch Parking Lot Closed September 13, 2019 The Harrison Hot Springs Public Boat Launch parking lot will be closed from September 16 to September 20 for paving. All vehicles must be removed by September 15. The Boat Launch office hours will remain unaffected. Please contact the Village of Harrison Hot Springs office at 604-796-2171 if you have any questions.
- FVRD Office Closed September 2 August 29, 2019 The FVRD office will be closed for Labour Day on Monday, Sept 2. We will re-open on Tuesday, Sept 3 at 8:30 am. Have a safe and enjoyable long weekend!
- Traffic Alert for Chilliwack River Valley (Area E) August 14, 2019 The first annual REVEL Chilliwack Marathon & Half Marathon will be held on Saturday, August 17 in the Chilliwack River Valley. The race begins on Chilliwack Lake Road near Chilliwack Lake Provincial Park, continues on Vedder Road to Promontory Road and finishes on Thomas Road. Please be aware that certain roads in this area will be impacted by adjusted traffic patterns during the race.
- FVRD 2018 Annual Report August 13, 2019 The FVRD is pleased to release its 2018 Annual Report. This year’s report takes a different approach to reporting and focuses on storytelling. As a regional district that serves six municipalities and eight electoral areas, we are used to partnering and collaborating on projects. Recognizing that our partners are integral to our success as an organization, we feel it’s only fitting that our partners’ voices be heard, not just ours. So this year, we interviewed people we’ve partnered with to get their perspective on our initiatives. We hope you enjoy reading their stories as much as we enjoyed working with them.
- FVRD Office Closed August 5 August 1, 2019 The FVRD office will be closed for BC Day on Monday, Aug 5. We will re-open on Tuesday, Aug 6 at 8:30 am. Have a safe and enjoyable long weekend!
- CARE Centre Telephone and Internet Issues Resolved August 1, 2019 The phone lines and the internet are now working at the CARE Centre. Thank you for your patience while we worked to resolve this issue.
- Telephone and Internet Issues at CARE Centre July 31, 2019 Both the phone lines and internet are currently down at the CARE Centre. Thank you for your patience while we work to resolve these issues. The issue is being looked into and we will update once it has been resolved.
- Several Cougar Sightings in the Region July 11, 2019 There have been several reports of cougar sightings in the Promontory area of Chilliwack, Seabird Island near Agassiz, and Cascade Falls near Mission.
- Boston Bar Water Shut Off Temporarily July 2, 2019 The water system in Boston Bar (Area A) will be shut off temporarily for emergency repairs.
- Provincial Funding Announced for Invasive Species Projects June 19, 2019 The B.C. government is providing $262,600 to the Fraser Valley Regional District to help address invasive aquatic plant impacts in Hatzic Lake near Mission.