Keep in touch and stay informed. Our News Room is designed to help journalists and the general public find the information and contacts they need to learn about the FVRD.
For media inquiries, please email Angelique Crowther, Manager of Communications or call 604-702-5089.
- Property taxes are due on July 2 June 8, 2021 It is property tax time for BC property owners, including those in the electoral area. Taxes are due by July 2, 2021.
- Rural Residents and Businesses Encouraged to Take Internet Speed Test June 8, 2021 The FVRD and the Union of BC Municipalities (UBCM) are asking rural residents and businesses to test their internet speeds. Federal data regarding internet speeds may not accurately reflect broad speeds experienced in homes, businesses or elsewhere.
- Dewdney Regional Park Closed Due to High Water June 1, 2021 Effective Wednesday, June 2nd, Dewdney Regional Park is closed due to high water.
- Fraser Valley Residents' Input Sought for Highway 1 Improvements June 1, 2021 The Province is planning for future improvements to Highway 1 between 264th Street and Whatcom Road, and public engagement is underway to help determine the full scope of the project.
- COVID-19 Information May 5, 2021 Find a list of COVID-19 related closures, updates, and information about how to do business with us during these changing times.
- Quarterly Update April 26, 2021 Check out the latest update to find out what's been going on at the FVRD over the past few months.
- Public Participation for Parcel Tax Roll Review Panel April 23, 2021 The FVRD is holding a Parcel Tax Roll Review Panel Hearing on May 12, 2021 to ensure the accuracy of the properties listed on the Parcel Tax Rolls. This panel is made up of Board Directors appointed to hear any complaints specified in the Community Charter.
- Web Map Tips and Tricks April 20, 2021 Watch our how-to video to learn how to use the web map to find planning information such as zoning and OCP designations, lot size, flood and hazard risks, and development permit areas.
- Funding Announced for New Section of Lakeside Trail at Cultus Lake March 18, 2021 The Fraser Valley Regional District (FVRD) will receive $440,475 to construct a new section of the Lakeside Trail at Cultus Lake thanks to recently announced grant funding.
- $2 Million Grant for New Heating and Cooling System at Hope & Area Recreation Centre February 16, 2021 The Hope & Area Recreation Centre’s heating and cooling systems will receive much-needed upgrades thanks to a $2 million grant recently announced.