Keep in touch and stay informed. Our News Room is designed to help journalists and the general public find the information and contacts they need to learn about the FVRD.
For media inquiries, please email Angelique Crowther, Manager of Communications or call 604-702-5089.
- Evacuation Order Issued for Laidlaw Road and McKay Road, Laidlaw, BC November 29, 2021 An earlier Evacuation Alert from Nov 26 has been UPGRADED to an Evacuation ORDER for 12 properties on Laidlaw Road and McKay Road near Laidlaw, BC, Electoral Area B.
- Evacuation Alert: Hatzic Valley, Area F & G November 28, 2021 An Evacuation Alert has been issued by Fraser Valley Regional District, due to flooding in the Hatzic area caused by heavy rainfall.
- Evacuation Orders: Othello Road Area (Area B) and Chilliwack River Valley (Area E) November 28, 2021 Evacuation Orders have been issued for the Othello Road Area in Electoral Area B, and for two properties on Chilliwack Lake Road in Electoral Area E.
- Evacuation Alert: Laidlaw, Electoral Area B November 28, 2021 An Evacuation Alert has been issued for some properties in Laidlaw, Electoral Area B.
- Sylvester Road Transfer Station Closed Today November 28, 2021 Sylvester Road Transfer Station in Electoral Area F is closed today due to flooding on roads.
- Evacuation Alert: Laidlaw, BC - Wahleach/Jones Creek November 27, 2021 An Evacuation Alert has been issued for some properties in Electoral Area B, Laidlaw.
- Rainfall Warning in Effect November 27, 2021 Environment Canada has issued a rainfall warning for the Fraser Valley. Some highways will be closed this weekend as a precaution. Find out how you can prepare for potential flooding.
- Evacuation Alert - Lorenzetta Creek, Electoral Area B November 26, 2021 An Evacuation Alert was issued for Lorenzetta Creek in Electoral Area B at 20:00 hrs, November 26.
- FVRD Board and FVHRD Elects Chair and Vice Chair November 26, 2021 On Thursday, November 25, 2021, the Fraser Valley Regional District Board and Fraser Valley Regional Hospital Board held their inaugural meetings. This year the Board re-elected Jason Lum as the Board Chair and Patricia Ross as Vice-Chair. The Hospital Board re-elected Terry Raymond as the Board Chair and Sylvia Pranger as the Acting Chair.
- State of Local Emergency Extended November 26, 2021 The State of Local Emergency issued November 14 for heavy rainfall causing overland flooding and mudslides has been extended until December 5.