Keep in touch and stay informed. Our News Room is designed to help journalists and the general public find the information and contacts they need to learn about the FVRD.
For media inquiries, please email Angelique Crowther, Manager of Communications or call 604-702-5089.
- High Streamflow Advisory October 15, 2021 A moderate atmospheric river event is expected to impact the region starting Friday, bringing an extended period of rainfall across southwest British Columbia. Prepare your home for a flood by clearing gutters, keeping nearby storm drains clear of debris, and directing downspouts away from basements.
- COVID-19 Information October 14, 2021 Information you need to know if you plan to visit one of our facilities.
- Join us at the Black Press Career Fair October 14, 2021 Join us at the virtual career fair on November 5 at 2 pm. Learn about all the career opportunities at our regional district.
- Hope & Area Recreation Centre Seeks New Staff October 14, 2021 We are hiring! Learn about opportunities at Hope & Area Recreation Centre.
- Harrison Mills Neighbourhood Community Survey October 6, 2021 Take the community survey for people who live, work or visit the Harrison Mills area in Electoral Area C.
- National Fire Prevention Week October 4, 2021 National Fire Prevention Week is October 3-9, 2021. This years’ campaign, “Learn the Sounds of Fire Safety”, works to educate everyone about simple but important actions they can take to keep themselves and those around them safe.
- Expanded Community Engagement for Recreation in Hope, Changing Governance October 1, 2021 The FVRD Board has announced its plans to broaden public participation in recreation services in Hope and Electoral Areas A and B. This new civic engagement program coincides with the Board's recent decision to dissolve the Recreation, Culture and Airpark Services Commission.
- Mayors support new public health orders in the eastern Fraser Valley September 29, 2021 As COVID-19 cases continue to rise in the Fraser Valley and new public health orders are introduced, local Mayors and the Chair of the Board of the Fraser Valley Regional District want to remind everyone of the importance of getting vaccinated.
- FVRD Releases Air Quality Management Plan September 27, 2021 The Fraser Valley Regional District (FVRD) has released its latest Air Quality Management Plan to improve the quality of air to benefit the health of everyone living, working and playing in the region.
- National Day for Truth and Reconciliation September 24, 2021 The FVRD office will be closed on Thursday, September 30 in support of Orange Shirt Day and the first National Day for Truth and Reconciliation.