Keep in touch and stay informed. Our News Room is designed to help journalists and the general public find the information and contacts they need to learn about the FVRD.
For media inquiries, please email Jennifer Kinneman, or call 604-702-5056.
- Open Burning Prohibitions Rescinded September 25, 2020 Effective at noon on Friday, Sept. 25, 2020, all open fires will again be permitted throughout the Coastal Fire Centre’s jurisdiction.
- High Streamflow Advisory September 23, 2020 The River Forecast Centre is issuing or maintaining a High Streamflow Advisory for Fraser Valley tributaries including the Chilliwack River.
- Air Quality Advisory Ended September 21, 2020 Metro Vancouver has ended the fine particulate matter Air Quality Advisory for Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley Regional District that has been in effect since September 8, 2020.
- COVID-19 Information September 21, 2020 Find a list of COVID-19 related closures, updates, and information about how to do business with us during these changing times.
- Public Participation for Sep 17 Board/Hospital Board Meeting September 11, 2020 The Board/Hospital Board meetings for September 17 will be conducted both in-person and through Zoom.
- Air Quality Advisory - Updated September 10, 2020 The fine particulate matter advisory that has been in effect since September 8 for the Fraser Valley Regional District and Metro Vancouver due to wildfire smoke from outside the region is continuing, but the ground-level ozone advisory has now been cancelled.
- FVRD Office Closed Sep 7 September 4, 2020 The FVRD office will be closed on Monday, September 7 for Labour Day. We will re-open on Tuesday, September 8 at 8:30 am.
- Public Participation for Sep 9 Committee Meetings September 3, 2020 The Regional and Corporate Services Committee and Electoral Area Services Committee meetings for September 9 will be conducted both in-person and through Zoom.
- Quarterly Update #2 August 19, 2020 The Quarterly Update provides information and updates on various projects and initiatives at the FVRD.
- Air Quality Advisory Cancelled August 17, 2020 The Air Quality Advisory for ground-level ozone has been cancelled. The air quality has improved due to a change in the weather.