Keep in touch and stay informed. Our News Room is designed to help journalists and the general public find the information and contacts they need to learn about the FVRD.
For media inquiries, please email Jennifer Kinneman, or call 604-702-5056.
- COVID-19 Information October 16, 2020 Find a list of COVID-19 related closures, updates, and information about how to do business with us during these changing times.
- Parks Now Open October 14, 2020 Staff have now assessed the parks that were closed yesterday (Cheam Lake Wetlands & Popkum Community Trail) due to the windstorm and have deemed them safe to reopen.
- Park Closures October 13, 2020 Cheam Lake Wetlands Regional Park and Popkum Community Trail have been closed until further notice due to downed trees.
- FVRD Office Closed Oct 12 October 9, 2020 The FVRD office will be closed on Monday, October 12 for Thanksgiving. We will reopen on Tuesday, October 13 at 8:30 am.
- Public Participation for Oct 15 Committee Meetings October 8, 2020 The Regional and Corporate Services Committee and Electoral Area Services Committee meetings for October 15 will be conducted both in-person and through Zoom.
- Housing Study to Identify Needs in FVRD October 7, 2020 The FVRD is in the process of completing a housing needs assessment that will help us better understand current and future planning needs. We need your input and invite you to complete our survey.
- Open Burning Prohibitions Rescinded September 25, 2020 Effective at noon on Friday, Sept. 25, 2020, all open fires will again be permitted throughout the Coastal Fire Centre’s jurisdiction.
- High Streamflow Advisory September 23, 2020 The River Forecast Centre is issuing or maintaining a High Streamflow Advisory for Fraser Valley tributaries including the Chilliwack River.
- Air Quality Advisory Ended September 21, 2020 Metro Vancouver has ended the fine particulate matter Air Quality Advisory for Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley Regional District that has been in effect since September 8, 2020.
- Public Participation for Sep 17 Board/Hospital Board Meeting September 11, 2020 The Board/Hospital Board meetings for September 17 will be conducted both in-person and through Zoom.