Keep in touch and stay informed. Our News Room is designed to help journalists and the general public find the information and contacts they need to learn about the FVRD.
For media inquiries, please email Jaime Reilly, Acting Director of Corporate Affairs or call 604-702-5023.
- FVRD Seeks Input on the Future of Outdoor Recreation January 15, 2020 The Fraser Valley Regional District is working on an Outdoor Recreation Management Plan to help guide the growth and expansion of outdoor recreation within the region. Public input is being collected through an online survey, an interactive Web Map and open houses.
- RACS & EASC Cancelled January 14, 2020 Due to weather conditions, the scheduled Regional and Corporate Services (RACS) and Electoral Area Services Committee (EASC) meetings have been cancelled for today. These meetings will be rescheduled and advertised for another date in January.
- Emergency Operations Centre Update for January 8 January 8, 2020 Crews were able to safely access the landslide area this morning and clear away debris near the berm. As a result, the State of Local Emergency has been canceled and the FVRD has rescinded the Evacuation Order and Alert for Baker Trails Village. The area is safe to be in and safe for evacuated residents to return home.
- Emergency Operations Centre Update for January 7 January 7, 2020 In spite of ongoing heavy rain, conditions appear to remain stable in the evacuation area. A crew has been scheduled for tomorrow (January 8) to remove debris from the berm. Until further notice, evacuation orders and alerts remain in effect.
- 2019 Dog Licences Have Expired January 7, 2020 The Fraser Valley Regional District (FVRD) requires all dogs four months or older to be licensed every year within the municipalities of Abbotsford, Chilliwack, Harrison Hot Springs, Kent, and Mission. 2020 dog licences are now available. Licences are valid from January 1 until December 31 each year. A 25% penalty fee will apply to payments received after December 31.
- State of Local Emergency January 6, 2020 Due to heavy rains and the potential for debris flow, the FVRD has issued a State of Local Emergency for Baker Trails Village located at 46511 Chilliwack Lake Road, Electoral Area E. Five properties (units 12, 13, 14, 15 and 16) have been placed on Evacuation Order in the Baker Trails Village. The remaining properties in Baker Trails Village have been placed on Evacuation Alert.
- Holiday Office Closure December 18, 2019 The office will be closed from 1:00 pm on December 24 to January 1. We will re-open on January 2 at 8:30 am. Happy Holidays to you and yours from all of us at the FVRD.
- EASC Elects Chair and Vice-Chair December 13, 2019 On Tuesday, December 10, 2019, the Electoral Area Services Committee re-elected Director Bill Dickey as Chair and Director Al Stobbart as Vice-Chair.
- FVRD and FVRHD Board Elects Chair and Vice-Chair November 27, 2019 On Tuesday, November 26, 2019, the Fraser Valley Regional District Board and Fraser Valley Regional Hospital Board held its inaugural meetings. This year the Board re-elected Jason Lum as the Board Chair and Patricia Ross as Vice-Chair. The Hospital Board re-elected Henry Braun as the Board Chair and Pam Alexis as the Acting Chair.
- FVRD Office Closed November 11 November 7, 2019 The FVRD office will be closed for Remembrance Day on Monday, November 11. We will re-open on Tuesday, November 12 at 8:30 am.