Keep in touch and stay informed. Our News Room is designed to help journalists and the general public find the information and contacts they need to learn about the FVRD.
For media inquiries, please email Jaime Reilly, Acting Director of Corporate Affairs or call 604-702-5023.
- COVID-19 Information May 15, 2020 Find a list of COVID-19 related closures, updates, and information about how to do business with us during these changing times.
- Public Participation for May 12 Commitee Meetings May 8, 2020 If you have a question about an agenda item please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org by 1 pm on May 11 or call 604-702-5000 during the public question period announced during the live meeting webcast. Meeting agendas and webcasts can be found at www.fvrd.ca/agendas.
- Public Participation for April 28 Board/Hospital Board Meeting April 23, 2020 Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Board has exercised its authority under Ministerial Order No. M083, that all regular Board Meetings and Committee Meetings exclude the public, for the duration of the Provincial State of Emergency.
- April 16 EASC Meeting - Participate Remotely April 14, 2020 Due to COVID-19 and the provincial State of Emergency, our Chilliwack office remains closed to the public. In an effort to prohibit gatherings under the Public Health Order, a Ministerial Order was issued that Regional Districts are not required to allow the public to attend open meetings at this time. Instead we will be conducting the April 16 EASC meeting online.
- Easter Long Weekend Park Closures April 9, 2020 The following parks and trails will be closed for the duration of the Easter long weekend (Friday, April 10 to Monday, April 13): Cheam Lake Wetlands, Hillkeep, Island 22, Neilson, Popkum Community Trail, and Thacker. They will re-open Tuesday, April 14.
- Easter Closure April 8, 2020 While the FVRD office remains closed to the public until further notice, please note that we are fully closed (including phone lines) for the Easter long weekend on Friday, April 10 and Monday, April 13.
- Open Burning Prohibitions To Be Issued April 7, 2020 Category 2, Category 3, Resource Open Management Fires to be prohibited effective noon, Thursday, April 16, 2020.
- Kinneman appointed CAO April 2, 2020 The search for the Fraser Valley Regional District’s (FVRD) chief administrative officer (CAO) is over with the appointment of Jennifer Kinneman, who has been serving as acting CAO since April 2019.
- New Open Burning Restrictions March 26, 2020 New open burning restrictions have been issued by the Province. They are in effect until Wednesday, April 15th, 2020.
- Hemlock Valley OCP Info Session February 13, 2020 We invite Hemlock Valley residents and visitors to drop by our Information Booth to learn about our OCP Update.