Hope & Area Recreation Centre
The Hope & Area Recreation Centre welcomes you back to the fitness centre and Dan Sharrers Aquatic Centre. Pre-registration is no longer required to use the facility.
We thank you for your patience as we re-staff our facility, re-open our amenities and start to offer programming such as swim lessons. Lessons are expected to return in September 2021.
- Masks are no longer mandatory but masks are recommended in indoor public spaces for all people 12 years of age and older who are not fully vaccinated. Fully vaccinated means the 14 day period after receiving a second dose of the vaccine.
- Personal hygiene measures such as increased handwashing and/or sanitizing are encouraged.
- Physical distancing is no longer a requirement however we are encouraging all patrons to respect each other's personal space and to maintain physical distancing during this period of transition.
- If you are sick, stay at home. If you appear to be sick, you will not be allowed entry.
- Visit our FAQ page for more information
The following facilities/amenities are NOT available:
- Arena (closed for the season)
- Conference Centre and meeting rooms
- Hot tub, sauna, and steam room