We are working hard to make facilities and programs as safe as possible in this time of uncertainty. It is important that we all continue to follow the rules set by health authorities to mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
During this time we will strive to add additional programming and increased capacities in accordance with the Provincial Health Orders.
Do I need to wear a mask?
Yes. Masks are required in all public indoor spaces including common areas when not engaged in physical activity.This applies to all people born in 2009 or earlier (12+). A face shield is not a substitute for a mask as it has an opening below the mouth.
There are exemptions for:
- People with health conditions or with physical, cognitive or mental impairments who cannot wear one
- People who cannot remove a mask on their own
- Children under the age of 12
- People who need to remove their masks to communicate due to another person's hearing impairment
Do I still need to register for activities?
No, pre-registration is not needed except for swimming lessons. Due to the continuous evaluation process set by the Red Cross, all participants should attend as many lesson days as they can. You can register online or call us at 604-869-2304. At this time, we are not accepting in-person registration as we are trying to reduce capacity at the rec centre.
How can I help keep activities safe?
- Personal protective measures can be implemented to increase your comfort and safety. Please refer to all current recommendations from health authorities regarding the steps you can take to increase your safety. Personal hygiene measures such as increased handwashing and/or sanitizing are encouraged.
- Physical distancing is no longer a requirement however we are encouraging all patrons to respect each other's personal space and to maintain physical distancing during this period of transition.
- If you are sick, stay at home. If you appear to be sick, you will not be allowed entry. This will be strictly enforced, with no exceptions.
Are the hot tub, sauna, and steam room open?
Yes, these areas are open with limited capacity available and to ensure the safety of our patrons. The current capacity limits are:
- Hot tub: 5 people
- Sauna: 4 people
- Steam Room: 5 people
Are the changerooms and showers open?
Yes, changerooms and showers are open at their regular capacity.
Are lockers available?
Yes, lockers are open at their regular capacity. Please note that we are not responsible for the safekeeping of items. We are also not responsible for lost or stolen items.
Can I sit and watch my child/family swim?
Yes, the pool deck viewing area is open but space is limited to due to capacity requirements.
What is the capacity? Where did you come up with the numbers?
We are following the guidelines of the Provincial Health Order and have set our capacity limits based on those requirements.
Will you be open earlier and on weekends?
Due to staffing levels, we are currently unable to extend our operating hours. We have removed disinfection time and time slot limits so you are able to stay as long as you’d like within our hours of operation.
Do I still need to disinfect equipment?
Yes, please disinfect your equipment before and after use.