Hope & Area Recreation Centre
The Hope & Area Recreation Centre is located in beautiful Hope, BC and is home to the Dan Sharrers Aquatic Centre, arena, weight and cardio rooms, fitness studio, and conference centre.
Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 8:30 pm
Saturday 10:00 am - 8:30 pm
Sunday 10:00 am - 5:30 pm
|December 24, 2022||10:00 am - 4:00 pm|
|December 25, 2022||CLOSED|
|December 26, 2022||CLOSED|
|December 27, 2022||8:30 am - 8:30 am|
|December 28, 2022||8:30 am - 8:30 am|
|December 29, 2022||8:30 am - 8:30 am|
|December 30, 2022||8:30 am - 8:30 am|
|December 31, 2022||10:00 am - 4:00 pm|
|January 1, 2023||CLOSED|
PLEASE NOTE the operating hours for the facility may not be the same as the hours for the Arena, Pool, and Fitness Centre. Please view the schedules below.
Recreation Program Guide
1005 6th Ave Hope, BC
View on Google Maps
- 25-metre lap pool with 1-metre and 3-metre diving board
- Leisure pool with spray features and a rapids channel
- Hot tub, sauna, and steam room
- Large men's, women's, family and wheelchair accessible changerooms
- Cardio room with elliptical trainers, treadmills, recumbent and upright bikes, stair climber, rower, and a NEW! Nustep
- Weight room with a variety of free weights including a power rack and bench press, cable systems, and a stretching area with mats, body balls, BOSUs and medicine balls
Conference centre and meeting rooms
Fall 2022 Recreation Guide
The Fall Recreation Guide is here! Click on the image below to browse our programs and activities offered for the fall or pick up a copy of the guide at the rec centre.
Swim Lessons Transitioning to a New Program
- Handwashing and/or sanitizing is encouraged.
- We encourage all patrons to respect each other's personal space and to maintain physical distancing.
- If you are sick, stay at home. If you appear to be sick, you will not be allowed entry.
- Please disinfect all equipment before and after use.
- Proof of vaccination is no longer required to use the facility
- Read the Facility and Rental Guidelines for info on rental groups at the pool or arena
- Read our FAQs for more information
Expression of Interest for Contract Fitness Instructors
Are you a fitness leader looking to engage and empower others to be happy and healthy? We are looking for self-motivated, enthusiastic, and energetic contract fitness instructors to teach at the Hope & Area Recreation Centre.
Please submit this Expression of Interest form, along with your resume, to Mike Freimark, Assistant Manager of Recreation Services, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at the Hope & Area Recreation Centre (1005 6th Ave, Hope, BC).
Come Work With Us
We are recruiting for a number of positions. Check out our current job opportunities.