The Secondary Dwellings study and consultation process are now complete.
Extensive consultation conducted in each Electoral Area identified strong support for secondary dwellings in rural areas on properties larger than one hectare, but less support for properties smaller than one hectare. Concerns raised about minimum lots sizes, appropriate size and height restrictions, adequate parking, setbacks from neighbouring properties and minimum levels of service were taken into account when drafting the Secondary Dwellings Policy.
The Secondary Dwellings Policy adopted by the Board supports an approach that will amend the zoning bylaw to allow secondary dwellings under certain circumstances. More information on the zoning amendment process will be shared here shortly.
- Secondary Dwelling Policy - 2019 06 06
- Servicing Requirements and Analysis - 2017 03 14
- Public Consultation Summary and Next Steps - 2017 01 11
- Project Status Update - 2016 11 08
- Public Consultation Update - 2016 10 12
- Staff Report for Secondary Dwelling Policy Review - June 14, 2016