We are updating our land use regulations for cannabis production and processing. We are doing this by implementing the Land Use Policy for Cannabis Production, Processing and Retail Sales in the Electoral Areas [PDF - 182 KB].
Updates are occurring in two phases:
Restrict cannabis production in Electoral Areas D, F, and H
Create regulations for cannabis production and processing based on community consultation
A survey was conducted in February and March 2021 to collect input on where and what type of cannabis land uses will be permitted in your community. The survey is now closed and the results have been summarized [PDF - 382 KB]. We will use the findings to help draft new zoning regulations.
- Land Use Policy for Cannabis Production, Processing and Retail Sales in the Electoral Areas – October 2019 [PDF - 182 KB]
- Memo – Regulation Updates – February 2020 [PDF - 513 KB]
- Cannabis Regulations Background Information – January 2021 [PDF - 280 KB]
- Survey Results - Summary - May 2021 [PDF - 382 KB]
- Survey Results - Full - May 2021 [PDF - 453 KB]
- Staff Memo - June 10, 2021 [PDF - 199 KB]