Hemlock Valley OCP
What is an Official Community Plan?
An OCP is a blueprint for the future development of a community. It outlines policies, regulations, and decisions about land use and development. It also takes into account the economic, environmental, and social well-being of a community and provides for amenities and services.
Why Are We Updating Our OCP?
In 2016 the Province (Mountain Resorts Branch) approved an All-Seasons Master Plan for Hemlock. This master plan proposes to significantly expand the current resort base on Crown lands through a five-phase development. Such a significant change needs to be reflected in our Official Community Plan.
How Can You Get Involved?
The initial phase of information gathering is now complete and a draft OCP is available below for review. Your opinion is important and we want to know what you think.
We invite you to visit our information booth at the Sasquatch Mountain Resort (20955 Hemlock Valley Road) to learn about OCP's and how they influence your community's development. This is your opportunity to ask questions and tell us your thoughts.
Drop by our booth in the Sasquatch Mountain Resort Cafeteria on
- Friday, February 28 from 4:30 pm to 6:30 pm
- Saturday, March 7 from 12:30 pm to 2:30 pm
You can also email us or call us at 604-702-5084.
Documents and Reports
- Draft Hemlock Valley Official Community Plan - Dec 6, 2019 [PDF - 3 MB]
- Draft Hemlock Valley Neighbourhood Planning Terms of Reference - Dec 6, 2019 [PDF - 940 KB]
- Draft Hemlock Valley West Neighbourhood Plan - Dec 6, 2019 [PDF - 4 MB]
- Staff Memo - December 10, 2019 [PDF - 425 KB]
- Staff Memo - January 11 2017 [PDF - 392 KB]