Hemlock Valley OCP
What is an Official Community Plan?
An OCP is a blueprint for the future development of a community. It outlines policies, regulations, and decisions about land use and development. It also takes into account the economic, environmental, and social well-being of a community and provides for amenities and services.
Why Are We Updating Our OCP?
In 2016 the Province (Mountain Resorts Branch) approved an All-Seasons Master Plan for Hemlock. This master plan proposes to significantly expand the current resort base on Crown lands through a five-phase development. Such a significant change needs to be reflected in our Official Community Plan.
How Can You Get Involved?
The initial phase of information gathering is now complete and a draft OCP is available below for review. Your opinion is important and we want to know what you think.
Documents and Reports
- Draft Hemlock Valley Official Community Plan - Dec 6, 2019 [PDF - 3 MB]
- Draft Hemlock Valley Neighbourhood Planning Terms of Reference - Dec 6, 2019 [PDF - 940 KB]
- Draft Hemlock Valley West Neighbourhood Plan - Dec 6, 2019 [PDF - 4 MB]
- Staff Memo - December 10, 2019 [PDF - 425 KB]
- Staff Memo - January 11 2017 [PDF - 392 KB]