Heat Warning for the Fraser Valley
July 25, 2022
A heat wave will impact the Fraser Valley this week. Daytime high temperatures could reach between 31 to 35 degrees Celsius inland into Friday or Saturday.
The peak daytime high temperatures are expected from Wednesday to Friday. Then, a slow cooling trend is likely next weekend.
The hottest time of the day will be late afternoon to early evening. The coolest time of the day will be near sunrise.
Extreme heat affects everyone:
The risks are greater for young children, pregnant women, older adults, people with chronic illnesses and people working or exercising outdoors.
Watch for the effects of heat illness: swelling, rash, cramps, fainting, heat exhaustion, heat stroke and the worsening of some health conditions.
- Check the local news for health and safety updates.
- Call HealthLinkBC at 8-1-1 to ask about heat-related illness.
- PreparedBC’s Heat Preparedness Guide
- Fraser Health’s sun and heat safety web hub has tips and resources for preparing for heat events
- Check HealthLinkBC online resources about heat-related illness and how to protect yourself.
- Find a cooling centre near you
- Environment and Climate Change Canada’s weather alerts
- For more information about the BC Heat Alert and Response System