Have Your Say on the 2023 - 2027 Financial Plan
February 17, 2023
The Fraser Valley Regional District (FVRD) wants to hear from you on the draft 2023-2027 Financial Plan. The FVRD manages approximately 120 separate service area budgets which are updated annually and are based on a five-year period.
The public is invited to visit haveyoursay.fvrd.ca to review the draft plan and provide feedback by March 3. Input will be shared at the March 23 Regional District Board meeting.
“The 2023-2027 Financial Plan was prepared through the lens of efficiencies, asset management, risk, and maximizing external funding. The ongoing recovery from the global pandemic, the impacts of the Atmospheric River events in 2021, inconsistent assessment values, and the effects of inflation were some of the key challenges our board and staff faced as we prepared the plan,” said Jason Lum, Chair of the FVRD Board.
“Options are available this year for the public to learn and provide feedback on the financial planning process. Similar to last year, the online engagement site, Have Your Say, provides information about the Financial Plan process and an option to provide comments. We have also made the plan available at our FVRD office during regular business hours where members of the public can view the Financial Plan information and leave their comments,” he added.
About the Financial Plan
- New projects and initiatives are included in the Financial Plan presentation materials.
- Balances in existing reserve and surplus funds were reviewed and considered against future needs.
- The Plan shows projected tax implications for residents using the most current BC Assessment data for 2023 received in January.
The 2023 – 2027 Financial Plan presentation on haveyoursay.fvrd.ca contains a summary as well as details on Electoral Area Area-Wide Services, Regional Services and Sub-Regional Services.
In reviewing the Plan, the public should note there are a number of unique service area budgets that apply to specific Electoral Areas and also budgets which apply to sub-sets of properties within an Electoral Area. To see a full impact of taxation for the proposed budgets in your member municipality or Electoral Area, please review the ‘resources’ section at the end of the presentation.
How Can You Be Involved
- Visit haveyoursay.fvrd.ca to review the Financial Plan. Email your comments to email@example.com by March 3, 2023.
- Attend the virtual Regional & Corporate Services Committee meeting or in-person on March 9, 2023 or the virtual Board meeting or in-person on March 23, 2023. If you wish to ask a question during the public question period, you may do so through Zoom. You may also email your question to firstname.lastname@example.org by 1 pm on the day before the Committee or Board meeting.