Regional Growth Strategy Update
Fraser Valley Future 2050
Since its adoption in 2004, the Regional Growth Strategy (RGS) has been fundamental in promoting a network of vibrant and sustainable communities.
The FVRD is updating its Regional Growth Strategy (RGS) to reflect new legislation, growing relationships with Indigenous communities, and new challenges facing the region.
The updated draft RGS: Fraser Valley Future 2050 covers a wide range of topics, all of which are interconnected. The plan uses a collaborative and balanced approach to promoting healthy and sustainable communities within the region.
- Economic Strength and Resiliency
- Living Well
- Community Building
- Ecosystem Health
- Transportation and Mobility
- Infrastructure and Services
- Energy and Climate Change
The FVRD is committed to working in close collaboration with member municipalities, Indigenous Communities, the Province, neighbouring regional districts, and community members throughout the RGS update process.
To learn more about the Regional Growth Strategy update, visit haveyoursay.fvrd.ca.
- RGS Public Engagement Report [PDF - 12 MB]
- Updated (draft) RGS: Fraser Valley Future 2050 [PDF - 7 MB]
- RGS Fact Sheets [PDF - 7 MB]