Hope & Area Recreation Centre
The Fitness Centre is now open! Pre-registration is required. See registration details below.
The Arena is open for rentals only at this time. The Dan Sharrers Aquatic Centre remains closed to the public until further notice.
As per the Provincial Health Order on November 19, masks are now required while visiting our facility. Masks can be removed while doing physical activity, ensuring 2-metre physical distancing is maintained but must be worn while moving throughout the facility. People who cannot wear a mask or who cannot put on or remove a mask on their own are exempt.
Sessions must be booked separately for the Cardio Room and Weight Room due to limited capacity. Patrons may book multiple sessions per day, but please note that all patrons will have to leave the Weight Room or Cardio Room after their session ends and line up for the next session they booked to re-enter.
Patrons may book sessions up to two weeks at a time. New sessions will be available by 9:00 am every Tuesday.
Please remember to cancel your time if you will not be able to attend to be able to allow others to register. Registration is non-transferable and the schedule is subject to change.
We are offering two types of sessions for booking:
75 Minute session
45 minute session
How to Register:
- By phone at 604-869-2304 (Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 8:30 pm)
COVID-19 Safety Protocols
Please do not visit the rec centre if you:
- are feeling ill and/or have any of the following symptoms: fever, chills, new or worsening cough, shortness of breath, fatigue, headache, sore throat, runny nose, loss of sense of smell or taste, diarrhea, loss of appetite, nausea and vomiting and/or new muscle aches.
- Have travelled outside of Canada within the last 14 days or have been in close contact with a person who has a confirmed or presumptive case of COVID-19, including public exposure events posted on the BCCDC.
Weight Room & Cardio Room Guidelines
- Expect reduced capacity to allow for physical distancing and increased cleaning
- Please maintain 2 metres or more between yourself and others at all times
- Please arrive no more than 10 minutes prior to your activity time
- Respect and follow directions of staff at all times. Anyone not following safety guidelines or directions from staff will be asked to leave.
- Come dressed to participate in your activity and bring only what you need. There is no access to change rooms and showers.
- Lockers and cubbies are not in use. Keep valuables at home.
- Bring your own water bottle. Our water fountains remain closed (bottle filling station will be open).
- Please follow the directional signage posted throughout the facility.
- If you appear to be sick, you will not be allowed entry. Please stay home if you are sick.
- Patrons will be required to wipe down equipment BEFORE and AFTER each use
- Please leave promptly after your session to allow for cleaning and disinfecting
View our COVID-19 Safety Plan for more information.
1005 6th Avenue
Hope, BC V0X 1L4
View on Google Maps
- 25-metre lap pool with 1-metre and 3-metre diving board
- leisure pool with spray features and a rapids channel
- hot tub, sauna, and steam room
- large men's, women's, family and wheelchair accessible changerooms
- cardio and weight room
- conference centre and meeting rooms