Hope & Area Recreation Centre
The Hope & Area Recreation Centre is home to the arena, Dan Sharrers Aquatic Centre, weight and cardio rooms, fitness studio, and conference centre/meeting rooms.
Fall 2021 Program Guide
Click the image below to view the guide.
Club Child Update
Effective October 14, 2021, Club Child will no longer be operating on Mondays and Fridays until approximately the end of November. We are continuing to recruit for our open daycare attendant positions so that we can return to normal operations. If you know anyone who may be interested in working for us, we encourage you to check out our job openings at www.fvrd.ca/careers.
Proof of Vaccination
Starting September 28, all patrons 12 years or older must show proof of two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine to use some of our facilities and participate in certain activities.
Here is a summary of the facilities/activities that this applies to:
- Weight Room, Cardio Room and fitness classes – 12 yrs+ (except for teen gym hours)
- Adult sports – 12 yrs + (i.e. pickleball, hockey)
- Pool – swimming/aquafit/lessons (exceptions for events)
- Public Skate
- Youth Programs – under 22 yrs
Please have your official proof of vaccination and government-issued photo ID ready. We ask for your patience as we check Vaccine Cards and adapt to new changes. Thank you for helping to keep our community safe.
- Masks are required for all patrons 5 years and older in all public indoor spaces including common areas when not engaged in physical activity.
- Handwashing and/or sanitizing is encouraged.
- We encourage all patrons to respect each other's personal space and to maintain physical distancing.
- If you are sick, stay at home. If you appear to be sick, you will not be allowed entry.
- Visit our FAQ page for more information