Keep in touch and stay informed. Our News Room is designed to help journalists and the general public find the information and contacts they need to learn about the FVRD.
For media inquiries, please contact email Angelique Crowther, or call 604-702-5089.
- Public Consultation on the 2021 – 2025 Financial Plan January 15, 2021 We are seeking public feedback on the draft 2021-2025 Financial Plan. The public is invited to review the draft plan and provide feedback via email by January 26, 2021.
- January 19 Recreation, Culture & Airpark Services Commission Meeting January 14, 2021 The Recreation, Culture & Airpark Services Commission meeting on January 19 at 6:30 pm will be conducted virtually via Zoom. It will be webcast live for public viewing.
- COVID-19 Information January 14, 2021 As per the Provincial Health Order on November 19, masks are now required for everyone in all public indoor settings. This includes the FVRD office and the Hope & Area Recreation Centre. People who cannot wear a mask or who cannot put on or remove a mask on their own are exempt.
- January 14 Electoral Area Services Committee Meeting January 14, 2021 The Electoral Area Services Committee Meeting on January 14 will be conducted virtually via Zoom due to current Public Health Orders.
- 2020 Dog Licences Have Expired January 8, 2021 The Fraser Valley Regional District requires all dogs four months or older to be licensed every year within the municipalities of Abbotsford, Chilliwack, Harrison Hot Springs, Kent, and Mission. 2021 dog licences are now available. Licences are valid from January 1 until December 31 each year. A 25% penalty fee will apply to payments received after December 31.
- January 7 Committee Meetings December 24, 2020 Committee Meetings on January 7th will be conducted virtually via Zoom due to current Public Health Orders.
- Winter Road Maintenance December 22, 2020 This is a reminder to citizens with concerns about snow plowing, potholes, icy conditions or any other winter road-related concerns that the FVRD does not have jurisdiction over roads within its boundaries and is not responsible for the maintenance and snow plowing of roads.
- Holiday Closure December 21, 2020 The FVRD office will be closed from December 25 to January 3. We wish you a safe and joyous holiday season!
- Public Participation for Dec 16 Board/Hospital Meeting December 11, 2020 In response to the Provincial Health Orders that restrict travel in and out of the Fraser Valley, we will be holding the December 16 FVRD Board and Hospital Board meetings by Zoom only.
- Dan Sharrers Aquatic Centre Reopening December 4, 2020 We are excited to announce that the Dan Sharrers Aquatic Centre in Hope will be reopening on Monday, December 7 with a phased-approach. During Phase 1, the lap pool will be open for length and public swim. Pre-registration is required for swimming.