Keep in touch and stay informed. Our News Room is designed to help journalists and the general public find the information and contacts they need to learn about the FVRD.
For media inquiries, please email Jaime Reilly, Acting Director of Corporate Affairs or call 604-702-5023.
- Plan for Reopening the Hope & Area Recreation Centre July 7, 2020 The Fraser Valley Regional District (FVRD) is looking forward to welcoming back patrons at the Hope & Area Recreation Centre and other facilities over the next several months.
- COVID-19 Information June 30, 2020 Find a list of COVID-19 related closures, updates, and information about how to do business with us during these changing times.
- Emergency Operations Centre Activated Again for Flood Watch June 25, 2020 Our Emergency Operations Centre (EOC) is once again actively monitoring rivers and creeks across the region as water levels are forecasted to rise steadily in the coming days. On June 25, the FVRD issued Evacuation Alerts for lands not protected by dikes in Electoral Area C and Electoral Area G. The Alerts affect 38 properties total. Residents requiring sandbags or assistance can contact the EOC at 604-798-5369.
- 2020 Homeless Count Shows Increase in the Fraser Valley June 24, 2020 There are 895 homeless individuals in the Fraser Valley, according to final results from a survey released today to the board of directors of the Fraser Valley Regional District (FVRD).
- Public Participation for June 23 Board/Hospital Board Meeting June 23, 2020 Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Board and Hospital Board regular meetings will continue to be held by Zoom meeting.
- Public Participation for June 22 Board of Variance Hearing June 22, 2020 Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Board of Variance hearing on June 22nd will be conducted via Zoom meeting. If you have a question about an agenda item please call 604-702-5000 during the public question period announced during the live meeting webcast.
- Quarterly Update May 29, 2020 The Quarterly Update provides information and updates on various projects and initiatives at the FVRD during the previous four months.
- Public Participation for May 12 Commitee Meetings May 8, 2020 If you have a question about an agenda item please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org by 1 pm on May 11 or call 604-702-5000 during the public question period announced during the live meeting webcast. Meeting agendas and webcasts can be found at www.fvrd.ca/agendas.
- Public Participation for April 28 Board/Hospital Board Meeting April 23, 2020 Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Board has exercised its authority under Ministerial Order No. M083, that all regular Board Meetings and Committee Meetings exclude the public, for the duration of the Provincial State of Emergency.
- April 16 EASC Meeting - Participate Remotely April 14, 2020 Due to COVID-19 and the provincial State of Emergency, our Chilliwack office remains closed to the public. In an effort to prohibit gatherings under the Public Health Order, a Ministerial Order was issued that Regional Districts are not required to allow the public to attend open meetings at this time. Instead we will be conducting the April 16 EASC meeting online.