Masks Are Required in Public Indoor Settings
August 24, 2021
Starting tomorrow, Wednesday, Aug. 25, masks must be worn in all indoor public spaces throughout B.C. to help slow the transmission of COVID-19. The Province announced this change as B.C. prepares for the fall and respiratory illness season.
Facilities covered by this order include FVRD’s corporate office in Chilliwack, CARE Centre, Almer Carlson Pool and Canyon Lanes in Boston Bar, Hope & Area Recreation Centre, Yale Community Centre, and Vedder River Campground.
Masks are required in:
- Indoor areas where services to the public are provided
- Common areas of sport and fitness centres when not engaged in physical activity;
There are exemptions for:
- People with health conditions or with physical, cognitive or mental impairments who cannot wear one
- People who cannot remove a mask on their own
- Children under the age of 12
- People who need to remove their masks to communicate due to another person's hearing impairment
Need a mask when visiting one of our facilities? Please ask for one at reception.
Find the latest COVID-19 updates.