May 5, 2021
Doing Business With Us During COVID-19
Our office is open on a 'by-appointment’ and limited walk-in basis. As per the Provincial Health Order on November 19, masks are now required for everyone in all public indoor settings. This includes the FVRD office and the Hope & Area Recreation Centre. People who cannot wear a mask or who cannot put on or remove a mask on their own are exempt.
To book an in-person appointment, contact the department directly, or phone reception at 604-702-5000, toll-free at 1-800-528-0061, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All visitors to our corporate offices will be screened prior to admittance, in view of our on-going commitment to reduce the risk of exposure and transmission of COVID-19. We are asking visitors who are sick, or who may have COVID-19 symptoms to please not attend our offices until they are well.
Please continue to take advantage of the online services and payment opportunities available. Staff are also available via phone, email, and video-conference as an alternative to in-person appointments.
For those visitors who take advantage of coming into our offices, please be aware that we will do our very best to serve you in a timely fashion. All visitors will be asked to maintain physical distance during their visit.
|IT and GIS||604-702-5061|
|Legislative Services & FOI Requests||604-702-5023|
- Current Developments: Enquires can be obtained by email from email@example.com. Information about current development applications can be found online here.
- Building Permits and Inspections: Building permits and inspections can be arranged through firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional info can be found online here.
- Mapping and Property Information: Mapping and property information is available online here.
- Zoning and other bylaws are online here.
- Bylaw Enforcement: Bylaw complaints can be submitted online here.
- Dog Licences: New dog licences can be purchased here or existing ones renewed here.
- Bylaw Tickets can be paid online here.
- Utility Bills can be paid online here.
Board & Committee Meetings
Board and committee meetings will be conducted online via Zoom only until further notice. If you have a question about an agenda item please email it to email@example.com by 1 pm on the day before the meeting. Meeting agendas and webcasts can be found at fvrd.ca/agendas. Learn more about public participation for Board and Committee meetings.
Public Hearings are now being conducted virtually rather than in-person due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Visit the Virtual Public Hearings page to learn more about how you can participate.
Enforcement of Public Health Orders
Local government bylaw officers are now required to assist with the enforcement of public health orders. Read our FAQ's to find out how the FVRD is supporting the enforcement of these health orders to help curb the spread of COVID-19.
BC Transit will be proceeding with the mandatory use of face coverings on all buses across the Province as of August 24, 2020. This includes the transit systems in Chilliwack, Central Fraser Valley, Agassiz, Harrison Hot Springs and Hope. For more information about the mandatory mask policy and BC Transit’s response to COVID-19, please visit bctransit.com/covid19 or call your local transit office at 604-795-3838.
To purchase tickets and passes please visit our Online Store.
Regional Parks & Trails
We are currently not accepting bookings for park facilities or conducting park tours due to COVID-19. Thank you for your understanding.
Community Animal Response and Education Centre (CARE)
The CARE Centre is closed to the public but services remain operational. The CARE Centre is well-stocked and is not accepting donations at this time.
- Send your adoption enquiries via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Report aggressive dogs, at large and stray dogs, barking or nuisance dogs by emailing email@example.com or phone 1-844-CARE (2273).
- Buy a new dog licence online here or renew one here.
Hope & Area Recreation Centre
The Dan Sharrers Aquatic Centre and Fitness Centre are open. Pre-registration is required for all activities.
The Dan Sharrers Aquatic Centre will be reopening with a phased-approach. We are currently in Phase 2.
|Phase 1||Lap pool open for length and public swim
(4 people per lane)
|Phase 2||Leisure pool open for public swim|
|Phase 3||Swim lessons and aquafit resume|
|Phase 4||Hot tub, sauna and steam room open (dependant on public health guidelines)|
Please visit the Hope & Area Recreation Centre page for more information.
Canyon Lanes (Boston Bar Bowling Alley)
Canyon Lanes is open for prescription pickup and water jug refills. Bowling is restricted to groups of up to six people from the same household. All bowling leagues, meetings and events are suspended. For hours of operation, please call 604-867-8800.
Community Access Centre in Deroche
The Community Access Centre is closed to the public.
Vedder River Campground
The Vedder River Campground is open with COVID-19 safety measures in place:
- The showers and laundry facilities are closed. Washrooms are open.
- Guests are spaced apart with every other site closed in order to maintain physical distancing.
- Group sites are not available at this time.
- BC Health Authority guidelines must be followed including gathering size.
Travel restrictions for non-essential travel in BC are in place until May 25. Fines can be given to people who leave their region for non-essential travel. Read the restrictions.
These restrictions may be reduced, extended, or modified as needed throughout the season depending on current public health orders. Thank you for your patience as we work to keep staff and visitors safe. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns.