Stay Safe On The BC Long Weekend
July 30, 2021
The BC Day long weekend is on the horizon and it promises to be a busy time for the Fraser Valley Regional District. With a heat warning, a ban on campfires, high risk for wildfire, and water-related injuries it’s important to be prepared before enjoying the outdoors.
Three regional parks in our district have been closed until further notice due to high fire risks:
- Cascade Falls Regional Park, in Electoral Area F, northeast of Mission
- East Sector Lands Recreation site (Spirit Trail), Harrison Hot Springs
- Sumas Mountain Regional Park near Abbotsford
Resources for a Safe Long Weekend:
Here is a list of resources to review before heading out to enjoy parks, trails, lakes, and rivers in our region.
- Download the Alertable app or get notifications (air quality, fire) by email, text, or phone
BC Wildfire Service
- Report a wildfire - 1 800 663-5555 or *5555 on a cell
- BC wildfire dashboard
- Check HealthLinkBC online resources about heat-related illness and how to protect yourself. Call HealthLinkBC at 8-1-1 to ask about heat-related illness.
- Environment Canada weather alerts
Fraser Valley Regional District parks and trails
- FVRD-managed regional parks & trails
Recreation Sites and Trails
- For inquiries relating to the recreation sites or Crown Land access, please contact Front Counter BC at 604-702-5700.
- Current site closures
- Fire bans and restrictions