All FVRD Evacuation Alerts Rescinded
July 8, 2022
The FVRD has withdrawn all Evacuation Alerts due to improved river levels and conditions. Current and forecasted river levels for both the Fraser and Harison River indicate a gradual downward trend despite continued snowmelt and wet weather across the BC Interior.
The FVRD is still cautioning residents and visitors to stay away from fast-flowing waters, potentially unstable riverbanks, and parks that are temporarily closed due to river conditions. As well, the BC River Forecast Centre is maintaining a High Streamflow Advisory for the Fraser River from Quesnel to the ocean.
Staff will continue to monitor forecasts provided by the Ministry of Environment and provide further updates and information should conditions change. Please visit www.fvrd.ca/eoc for more information about this year’s freshet and the FVRD’s Emergency Operation Centre (EOC).
Rescinded (Withdrawn) Evacuation Alerts:
- Area B: Laidlaw (Jones creek, Wahleach Creek, and Lorenzetta Creek areas)
- Area C: Harrison Mills and Malcolm Road Area
- Area G: Nicomen Island, North Nicomen Island and Taylor Road area
Current Park Closures:
- Dewdney Regional Park
- Eagle Point Community Park
- Download the Alertable App for the latest notifications for flood response
- Follow the FVRD on Facebook and Twitter
- Get updates from the BC River Forecast Centre
- Review the Province’s high stream advisory
- Explore the FVRD’s Emergency Status Map to view the areas impacted by this year’s freshet as well as historical flood data.