Animal Control

Black LabThe FVRD encourages responsible dog ownership throughout the regional district. Our animal control bylaws outline the regulations for areas in the regional district that have an animal control service established. Abbotsford, Chilliwack, Harrison Hot Springs, Kent, and Mission have a full range of services available, including dog licensing, bylaw enforcement, and shelter services. Our animal control officers will also respond to complaints of aggressive and dangerous dogs in Electoral Areas B, C, D, E, G, & H.

Dog Licencing

Dogs living in Abbotsford, Chilliwack, Harrison Hot Springs, Kent, and Mission must be licensed. Let us know if you need to make a change to your account (i.e. change of address, or if you no longer have a dog, etc.)

CARE Centre

The Community Animal Response and Education Centre shelters dogs in our care and provides an adoption program for pets needing new homes.

Complaints and Emergencies

To report an animal control issue or to lodge a bylaw complaint during regular business hours, please call 1-844-495-CARE or email us. Animal Control staff are available six days a week, Monday to Saturday from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm 

Your identity will not be revealed as it is protected under the Freedom of Information and Protection Privacy Act. However, should the matter proceed to court and if required by law, the FVRD may be required to disclose the information provided. 

To report a dog attack in progress after regular business hours, please call your local police department.

The BCSPCA can be reached at 1-855-622-7722 for animals in distress or cruelty concerns. Animal Control does not respond to nuisance wildlife calls or wildlife that has taken up residence inside of homes. These calls should be directed to your local humane wildlife control services.

Dangerous and Aggressive Dogs - Electoral Areas B, C, D, E, G & H

Residents in these electoral areas who experience an aggressive dog incident and are concerned for their safety should call 1-844-495-CARE during business hours and their local police department after hours.

Bylaw Tickets

Tickets for bylaw infractions can be paid online.