1. Where is the CARE Centre located?

    44820 Wolfe Road, Chilliwack 


  2. Who do I call if my dog is lost, or if I have questions about licensing or enforcement?

    Please call 1-844-495-CARE (2273). The CARE Centre is open Monday to Saturday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm.

  3. How do I report a dog attack or an aggressive dog?

    Please call 911 if a dog attack is in progress. Local police will communicate with our Animal Control staff.

    To report an aggressive incident, please call 1-844-495-CARE (2273) or email us. Staff are available Monday to Saturday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm.

  4. How much is a dog licence?

    Please see our Dog Licence page.

  5. My dog is a puppy. Does it need a licence?

    If your dog is four months or older, it needs a licence and must wear the metal licence tag.

  6. What are the benefits of buying a dog licence?

    • A licence tag shows strangers that your dog is lost, not homeless.
    • If a dog with a licence tag is picked up by Animal Control Officers, if can be returned home quickly.
    • The fine for owning an unlicensed dog is $200.
  7. Where can I buy a NEW dog licence?

    Information about where and how to purchase a new dog licence can be found on our Dog Licence page. 

  8. Will I get a renewal notice if my dog was licensed through my local municipality last year?

    Yes, you will receive a renewal notice before the end of December. The notice will have specific payment instructions for paying online, in person, or by phone.

  9. How do I make a change to my account?

    You can call 1-844-495-CARE or email us to make a change to your account (e.g.  change of address, or if you no longer have a dog, etc.). Some changes can be made online through your myFVRD profile, e.g. requesting replacement tags, switching to paperless billing, or updating the spay or neuter status.)

  10. What do I do if I receive a renewal notice for a dog I no longer have?

    Please call 1-844-495-CARE (2273) so we can update our records and ensure you are not sent any future renewal notices. You can also email us to make a change to your account (change of address, etc.). 

  11. Does my dog need to wear the metal licence tag?

    Yes, this tag will allow us to contact you if your dog strays or is involved in an accident. 

  12. I received a ticket from Animal Control. What do I do next?

    If you have received a Bylaw Offence Notice (ticket), you have the option to either pay or dispute the ticket. Payment and dispute information, including locations and methods of payment, are listed on the back of the ticket.

    If you have any questions about the ticket, please call 1-844-495-CARE (2273).

  13. What should I do if I lose my dog's licence tag?

    If you lose or damage your current tag, you can get a replacement for $5.00 by calling 1-800-528-0061 or visiting the FVRD office at 45950 Cheam Ave, Chilliwack.

  14. Where does the money from the sale of dog licences go?

    100% of dog licence fees go towards providing Animal Control services including:

    • Picking up lost dogs, possibly yours, before they come to harm
    • Feeding and sheltering your lost dog until you are reunited
    • Operating a dog adoption program
    • Taking lost dogs that require emergency care to the veterinarian
    • Patrolling parks and trails
  15. How can I adopt a dog?

    The CARE Centre offers a pet adoption service. More information about what dogs are available and who to contact can be found on our CARE Centre page. We also host community adoption events periodically. Please call 1-844-495-CARE (2273) to find out when we will be in your community.

  16. How do I make a donation?

    We do our very best to provide quality medical care and a safe, comfortable environment for the animals in our care. Donations help us to maintain a high standard of care and are always welcome. Information about what and how to donate can be found on our CARE Centre page.

  17. Does the CARE Centre handle cats?

    No, the CARE Centre is not equipped to impound cats nor does the FVRD's Animal Control bylaw regulate cats.

    We suggest you contact BC SPCA or your local humane centre.

  18. Who do I call if I have a problem with wildlife or insects in my house?

    Please call a local pest control company.