2021 Flood Event
We are continuing to support community recovery efforts for residents and property owners affected by the November 2021 Atmospheric River Event.
Our recovery consultant, Alison Poste, is available to assist electoral area residents, property owners, and businesses with recovery efforts. Alison has extensive experience with emergency management and recovery including the 2013 Alberta floods and the 2016 Fort McMurray fire. More recently, she assisted the Village of Lytton with recovery planning.
Alison can be reached for guidance with recovery including:
- Applying for Disaster Financial Assistance (DFA)
- Accessing resources for property owners, renters, small businesses, farming operations or charitable organizations
FVRD Recovery Consultant
Additional Financial Resources
- Eligible small business owners and not-for-profit organizations who were directly impacted by the floods and extreme weather event, and who meet the minimum requirements may apply for $5,000 in funding from the Red Cross. Small business owners and not-for-profit organizations can apply online until September 30, 2022.
- You may be eligible for $2000 from Red Cross if your primary residence was placed on Evacuation Order. Register online or call 1-800-863-6582.
- BC Hydro and FortisBC have billing help for evacuees.
- Farmers may be eligible for livestock relocation assistance.
- Check with your insurance representative to find out what insurance is available including sewer backup and/or flood insurance. You can also contact the Insurance Bureau of Canada at 1-844-227-5422.
- Revenue Canada Taxpayer Relief
- Abbotsford Chamber of Commerce
- Abbotsford Community Foundation
- Archway Community Services
- Chilliwack Bowls of Hope Society
Restoration and Building Permits
- Fill in this Restoration for Flood Damage form before you contact the Building and Bylaws department about building permit submissions for repair work being done. It contains a checklist of documents and requirements.