Electoral Area B Curbside Collection
Curbside Collection Update
GFL, the contractor responsible for garbage and recycling collection in Dogwood Valley, is aware of some residences that were omitted from garbage pickup in the last couple of weeks. Weather and road conditions permitting, all garbage will be collected this Thursday and those that were missed will be permitted to do a “double pickup” at no charge. Any further questions should be directed to GFL at 604-823-2116.
GFL Environmental Inc. provides curbside collection service to all Electoral Area B residents (except Sunshine Valley) and to individual First Nations in this area on a contract basis.
Garbage and recyclables will be collected separately in a split-compartment truck. Yard Waste will also be collected separately.
- Garbage, recyclables and yard waste must be set out by 8:00 am in front of your property on your collection day.
- Please make sure that your street address is posted on your property and visible from the road.
- Material and container restrictions will be strictly enforced.
- Each household is permitted to set out two 80 litre garbage containers or two garbage bags; each container/bag cannot weigh more than 20 kilograms.
- Garbage containers must have a lid and handles.
- Any garbage over the limit must be placed in a bag and tagged with a Tag-A-Bag sticker.
- Tag-A-Bag stickers can be purchased for $3.00 each from GFL Environmental.
- Unlimited number of blue bags
- All recyclables should be placed in a blue, see-through plastic bag and securely tied
- Bulky cardboard boxes must be broken down, flattened, tied and may be placed under the blue bag
- Accepted recyclable materials [PDF - 266 KB]
- Food scraps and small amounts of yard waste should be collected in your green bin.
- Accepted compostable materials [PDF - 214 KB]
- Tips on maintaining your green bin [PDF - 72 KB].
- Up to 10 clear bags
- Yard waste must be placed in a clear, see-through plastic bag
- Only grass and leaves are accepted