Affordable Housing & Homelessness
A Continuing Challenge
Communities in the FVRD are facing increasing pressures relating to housing affordability, homelessness and other social issues. Over the past few years, housing costs have increased substantially, and the number of people at risk of homelessness is increasing. Local governments, especially small and medium-sized communities do not have the expertise, resources or authority to adequately address these issues.
The issues surrounding affordable housing and homelessness are complex and will require action on the part of all levels of government to address. The region depends on building partnerships with other agencies, governments and non-profits to achieve the challenges.
2020 Social and Affordable Housing Inventories
- City of Abbotsford [PDF - 1016 KB]
- City of Chilliwack [PDF - 843 KB]
- District of Mission [PDF - 743 KB]
- District of Hope [PDF - 302 KB]
- District of Kent and Village of Harrison Hot Springs [PDF - 764 KB]
2017 Social Housing Inventories
- City of Abbotsford [PDF - 611 KB]
- City of Chilliwack [PDF - 283 KB]
- District of Hope [PDF - 202 KB]
- District of Kent [PDF - 198 KB]
- District of Mission [PDF - 321 KB]