September 21, 2020
Doing Business With Us During COVID-19
We are pleased to welcome the public back to our corporate office at 45950 Cheam Avenue, Chilliwack on a 'by-appointment’ and limited walk-in basis.
To book an in-person appointment, contact the department directly, or phone reception at 604-702-5000, toll-free at 1-800-528-0061, or by email to email@example.com.
All visitors to our corporate offices will be screened prior to admittance, in view of our on-going commitment to reduce the risk of exposure and transmission of COVID-19. We are asking visitors who are sick, or who may have COVID-19 symptoms to please not attend our offices until they are well.
Please continue to take advantage of the online services and payment opportunities available. Staff are also available via phone, email, and video-conference as an alternative to in-person appointments.
For those visitors who take advantage of coming into our offices, please be aware that we will do our very best to serve you in a timely fashion. All visitors will be asked to maintain physical distance during their visit.
|IT and GIS||604-702-5061|
|Legislative Services & FOI Requests||604-702-5023|
- Current Developments: Enquires can be obtained by email from firstname.lastname@example.org. Information about current development applications can be found online here.
- Building Permits and Inspections: Building permits and inspections can be arranged through email@example.com. Additional info can be found online here.
- Mapping and Property Information: Mapping and property information is available online here.
- Zoning and other bylaws are online here.
- Bylaw Enforcement: Bylaw complaints can be submitted online here.
- Bylaw Tickets can be paid online here.
- Utility Bills can be paid online here.
Board & Committee Meetings
Board and committee meetings are now being conducted online via Zoom and in-person. If you choose to attend a meeting in person, please be aware that seating is limited and is assigned on a first-come, first-served basis. You will also be screened in accordance with our COVID-19 protocols prior to admittance. If you have a question about an agenda item please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org by 1 pm on the day before the meeting. Meeting agendas and webcasts can be found at www.fvrd.ca/agendas.
Enforcement of Public Health Orders
Local government bylaw officers are now required to assist with the enforcement of public health orders. Read our FAQ's to find out how the FVRD is supporting the enforcement of these health orders to help curb the spread of COVID-19.
BC Transit will be proceeding with the mandatory use of face coverings on all buses across the Province as of August 24, 2020. This includes the transit systems in Chilliwack, Central Fraser Valley, Agassiz, Harrison Hot Springs and Hope. Following the guidance of the Provincial Health Office, it is strongly advised to wear face coverings when physical distancing is not possible including on transit vehicles. Exemptions for BC Transit’s mandatory face covering policy include:
- Anyone with an underlying medical condition or disability which inhibits the ability to wear a mask or face covering;
- Persons unable to place or remove a mask or face covering without assistance;
- Children under 5 years of age;
- Employees working behind a physical barrier or within areas designated for employees and not for public access; and
- Police, employees, or first responders in an emergency situation.
While face coverings will be mandatory, the policy will be implemented as an educational step without enforcement. The educational position is aligned with TransLink and other transit agencies in Canada. For more information about the mandatory mask policy and BC Transit’s response to COVID-19, please visit bctransit.com/covid19 or call your local transit office at 604-795-3838.
To purchase tickets and passes please visit our Online Store.
Regional Parks & Trails
We are currently not accepting bookings for park facilities or conducting park tours due to COVID-19. Thank you for your understanding.
Community Animal Response and Education Centre (CARE)
Effective Tuesday, March 17 at 5 pm, the CARE Centre is closed to the public until further notice. The CARE Centre is well-stocked and is not accepting donations at this time to maintain social distancing protocols.
- Send your adoption enquiries via email to email@example.com.
- Report aggressive dogs, at large and stray dogs, barking or nuisance dogs by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 1-844-CARE (2273).
- Buy a new dog licence online here or renew one here.
Vedder River Campground
The Vedder River Campground is open with some restrictions in order to comply with COVID-19 safety measures. All site types are now open.
The following restrictions are currently in effect:
- The showers and laundry facilities are closed.
- BC Health Authority guidelines must be followed including gathering size.
These restrictions may be reduced, extended, or modified as needed throughout the season.
Thank you for your patience as we work to keep staff and visitors safe. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.
Hope & Area Recreation Centre
The Fitness Centre is now open. COVID-19 safety measures are in place and pre-registration is required. Learn more here.
The Arena and Dan Sharrers Aquatic Centre remain closed to the public until further notice.
Boston Bar Bowling Alley
Currently operating one day a week offering prescription pick up, bottled water and food bank services.
Community Access Centre in Deroche
The Community Access Centre is closed to the public.