COVID-19 (Coronavirus) - Information
March 24, 2020
The health and safety of the public and our staff is a top priority for us. As per recommendations of the provincial and federal health authorities, we are taking further precautionary measures against COVID-19.
As part of our COVID-19 mitigation strategy, FVRD staff are now working remotely. Services remain operational but response times may be slower than normal. See below to find out how can continue doing business with us and who you can contact should you have questions. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Who to Contact
- Current Developments: Enquires can obtained by email from email@example.com. Information about current development applications can be found online here.
- Building Permits and Inspections: Building permits and inspections can be arranged through firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional info can be found online here.
- Mapping and Property Information: Mapping and property information is available online here.
- Zoning and other bylaws are online here.
- Bylaw Enforcement: Bylaw complaints can be submitted online here.
- Bylaw tickets can be paid online here.
- Utility Bills can be paid online here.
Community Animal Response and Education Centre (CARE)
Effective Tuesday, March 17 at 5 pm, the CARE Centre is closed to the public until further notice. The CARE Centre is well-stocked and is not accepting donations at this time to maintain social distancing protocols.
- Send your adoption enquiries via email to email@example.com.
- Report aggressive dogs, at large and stray dogs, barking or nuisance dogs by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 1-844-CARE(2273).
- Buy a new dog licence online here or renew one here.
Vedder River Campground
The opening of the Vedder Campground has been delayed until June 1, 2020. All existing reservations for dates between March 27, 2020 and May 30, 2020, will be refunded in full and will happen automatically. You do not need to cancel your reservation. Reservations beyond May 30, 2020 are still available at this time. As the COVID-19 situation evolves, we will continue to evaluate our opening date and update as needed.
Regional Parks & Trails
The FVRD's parks and trails remain open for use at this time. However, please note the following operational changes:
- All public washrooms in FVRD parks are closed to the public.
- Events over 50 people have been cancelled.
- The Off-Leash Dog Park and Bike Park at Island 22 are closed to the public. The rest of Island 22 Regional Park remains open and you are welcome to walk leashed dogs there.
- Thompson Regional Park and Cascade Falls Regional Park are closed to the public.
- All FVRD community playgrounds are closed to the public.
- Harrison Hot Springs Boat Launch remains closed to the public.
Hope and Area Recreation Centre
The Hope and Area Recreation Centre remains closed to the public until further notice.
Boston Bar Bowling Alley
Currently operating one day a week offering prescription pick up, bottled water and food bank services.