May 15, 2020
Doing Business With Us During COVID-19
As part of our COVID-19 mitigation strategy, FVRD staff are now working remotely. Services remain operational but response times may be slower than normal. See below to find out how can continue doing business with us and who you can contact should you have questions. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
|IT and GIS||604-702-5061|
- Current Developments: Enquires can be obtained by email from firstname.lastname@example.org. Information about current development applications can be found online here.
- Building Permits and Inspections: Building permits and inspections can be arranged through email@example.com. Additional info can be found online here.
- Mapping and Property Information: Mapping and property information is available online here.
- Zoning and other bylaws are online here.
- Bylaw Enforcement: Bylaw complaints can be submitted online here.
- Bylaw Tickets can be paid online here.
- Utility Bills can be paid online here.
Board & Committee Meetings
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Board has exercised its authority under Ministerial Order No. M139, that all regular Board Meetings and Committee Meetings exclude the public, for the duration of the Provincial State of Emergency.
Meeting agendas and webcasts can be found at www.fvrd.ca/agendas. If you have a question about an agenda item please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-702-5000 during the public question period announced during the live meeting webcast.
Enforcement of Public Health Orders
Local government bylaw officers are now required to assist with the enforcement of public health orders. Read our FAQ's to find out how the FVRD is supporting the enforcement of these health orders to help curb the spread of COVID-19.
With the installation of vinyl panels in all BC Transit buses by the end of May, BC Transit will be returning to front door loading and collecting fares as of June 1. Until June 1, rear door loading and not collecting fares will continue. To purchase tickets and passes please visit our Online Store. To learn more about BC Transit's response to COVID-19 please visit bctransit.com/covid19 For more information about transit services, please call your local transit office at 604-795-3838 or visit BCTransit.com
Regional Parks & Trails
The following parks and facilities are closed until further notice:
- Cascade Falls Regional Park
- Lake Errock Community Park
- All community playgrounds and washrooms (except Thompson Regional Park washroom)
Community Animal Response and Education Centre (CARE)
Effective Tuesday, March 17 at 5 pm, the CARE Centre is closed to the public until further notice. The CARE Centre is well-stocked and is not accepting donations at this time to maintain social distancing protocols.
- Send your adoption enquiries via email to email@example.com.
- Report aggressive dogs, at large and stray dogs, barking or nuisance dogs by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 1-844-CARE (2273).
- Buy a new dog licence online here or renew one here.
Vedder River Campground
The Vedder River Campground will open on June 1, 2020 with some restrictions in order to comply with COVID-19 safety measures. Beginning June 1st, the campground will be open to guests with self-contained units only. All group, tent, alcove, and partial hook up sites will remain closed for the month of June. Full hookup and pull-through sites for RV’s and trailers will be spaced apart with every other site closed in order to maintain physical distancing.
Hope & Area Recreation Centre
The Hope & Area Recreation Centre remains closed to the public until further notice.
Boston Bar Bowling Alley
Currently operating one day a week offering prescription pick up, bottled water and food bank services.
Community Access Centre in Deroche
The Community Access Centre is closed to the public.