July 31, 2020
Doing Business With Us During COVID-19
We are now pleased to welcome the public back to our corporate offices at 45950 Cheam Avenue, Chilliwack on a 'by-appointment’ and limited walk-in basis.
To book an in-person appointment, contact the department directly, or phone reception at 604-702-5000, toll-free at 1-800-528-0061, or by email to email@example.com.
All visitors to our corporate offices will be screened prior to admittance, in view of our on-going commitment to reduce the risk of exposure and transmission of COVID-19. We are asking visitors who are sick, or who may have COVID-19 symptoms to please not attend our offices until they are well.
Please continue to take advantage of the online services and payment opportunities available. Staff are also available via phone, email, and video-conference as an alternative to in-person appointments.
For those visitors who take advantage of coming into our offices, please be aware that we will do our very best to serve you in a timely fashion. All visitors will be asked to maintain physical distance during their visit.
|IT and GIS||604-702-5061|
- Current Developments: Enquires can be obtained by email from firstname.lastname@example.org. Information about current development applications can be found online here.
- Building Permits and Inspections: Building permits and inspections can be arranged through email@example.com. Additional info can be found online here.
- Mapping and Property Information: Mapping and property information is available online here.
- Zoning and other bylaws are online here.
- Bylaw Enforcement: Bylaw complaints can be submitted online here.
- Bylaw Tickets can be paid online here.
- Utility Bills can be paid online here.
Board & Committee Meetings
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Board and committee meetings will be conducted online via Zoom meeting. If you have a question about an agenda item please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org by 1 pm on the day before the meeting or call 604-702-5480 during the public question period announced during the live meeting webcast. Meeting agendas and webcasts can be found at www.fvrd.ca/agendas.
Enforcement of Public Health Orders
Local government bylaw officers are now required to assist with the enforcement of public health orders. Read our FAQ's to find out how the FVRD is supporting the enforcement of these health orders to help curb the spread of COVID-19.
With the installation of vinyl panels in all BC Transit buses by the end of May, BC Transit will be returning to front door loading and collecting fares as of June 1st. To purchase tickets and passes please visit our Online Store. To learn more about BC Transit's response to COVID-19 please visit bctransit.com/covid19 For more information about transit services, please call your local transit office at 604-795-3838 or visit BCTransit.com
Regional Parks & Trails
We are currently not accepting bookings for park facilities or conducting park tours due to COVID-19. Thank you for your understanding.
The following parks and facilities are closed until further notice:
- Lake Errock Community Park
- Thacker Regional Park washrooms
- East Sector Lands washrooms
Community Animal Response and Education Centre (CARE)
Effective Tuesday, March 17 at 5 pm, the CARE Centre is closed to the public until further notice. The CARE Centre is well-stocked and is not accepting donations at this time to maintain social distancing protocols.
- Send your adoption enquiries via email to email@example.com.
- Report aggressive dogs, at large and stray dogs, barking or nuisance dogs by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 1-844-CARE (2273).
- Buy a new dog licence online here or renew one here.
Vedder River Campground
The Vedder River Campground is open with some restrictions in order to comply with COVID-19 safety measures. All site types are now open.
The following restrictions are currently in effect:
- The showers and laundry facilities are closed.
- BC Health Authority guidelines must be followed including gathering size.
These restrictions may be reduced, extended, or modified as needed throughout the season.
Thank you for your patience as we work to keep staff and visitors safe. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.
Hope & Area Recreation Centre
The Hope & Area Recreation Centre remains closed to the public until further notice. We are looking forward to welcoming back patrons at the Hope & Area Recreation Centre and other facilities over the next several months. View our reopening plan here.
Boston Bar Bowling Alley
Currently operating one day a week offering prescription pick up, bottled water and food bank services.
Community Access Centre in Deroche
The Community Access Centre is closed to the public.