Evacuation Alert Issued for North Nicomen Road and Taylor Road in Electoral Area G
May 17, 2018
This morning, the FVRD issued an Evacuation Alert [PDF - 805 KB] for properties in Electoral Area G behind the North Nicomen Dike, between North Nicomen Road and Taylor Road.
This alert has been issued to help prepare residents if an evacuation becomes necessary. Residents will be given as much advance notice as possible prior to evacuation. However, that notice may be limited due to changing conditions.
What You Should Do Now
Upon notification of an Evacuation Alert, you should be prepared for an Evacuation Order by:
- Locating all family members and designate a reception centre outside of the evacuation area, should an evacuation be called while separated.
- Gathering essential items such as medications, eyeglasses, valuable papers (i.e. insurance, identification, and emergency contact numbers), and immediate care needs. Have these items readily available for an immediate departure.
- Preparing to move any disabled persons and/or children.
- Make arrangements for pets and livestock and move them to a safe area.
- Arrange for transport of your household members and accommodation if possible. In the event of an Evacuation Order, Reception Centres will be opened if needed.
- Monitor news sources for up to date information including the locations of Reception Centres.